subliminally » nakamoto yuta

genre: fluff, best friends to lovers au
word count: 1.7k

The lounge room was the loudest today, the end of monthly exams meant a movie night with all the boys and a few other friends.

Your room was on the same floor as the lounge room in your dorm so you planned to go early to get the best seat. You sat on the white faux leather one-seater sofa with both your legs on the cushion, arms rested on your knees and scrolled through the endless pictures on social media as one by one, the boys from the various majors of the technology institute came in and made themselves comfortable while placing their snacks on the centre table.

It was a Twilight Saga movie marathon today and as much as you cringed at the fact that you used to be head over heels for Edward Cullen, rewatching the series made you feel nostalgic for the time all of you would gather around every friday night for the mandatory twilight movie marathon in middle school. It lasted for about two months until Lee Donghyuck got his first girlfriend and made the friday movie marathon all about the rest of you listening to him rant about his pretty little love stories.

Then you guys switched the night to just catching up and talking about things that kept you busy during the week.

Pst. That relationship didn't end on a good note by the way.

Yuta and Mark sat with each other on the dual seater sofa beside your seat. Yuta leaned and craned his neck right over to see what you were so distracted about to not notice him sitting down with a pit of ice cream on his lap.

You turned your phone for him to see in full view and said, "Geez Yuta, here you go, have it, I have no games on my phone, check for yourself if you think I'm lying."

Yuta slightly chuckled and leaned over the hand rest and muttered in your ear, "The movie choice sucks."

His warm breath that hovered across your neck for each word he spoke made shivers travel all the way down to your spine and as if it wasn't enough torture for you to have a huge crush on someone who saw you in your 'Dora-the-explorer' swimsuit and pajamas and bowl and bag, joining the same college suddenly felt like another one of your bad decisions in life.

You could never confess, Yuta liked girls who came forward first, girls who would go to parties with him, get drunk with him and talk to him about their pretty little lives over a glass of punch. And you were the perfect opposite of that, no risks, just going with the flow, the exact same reason you couldn't bring yourself to confess to your biggest crush and your closest friend. That was one secret you'd never tell him.

"Well, blame Taeyong, I guess, don't cry on me, Taeyong is a sucker for nostalgic things and keeping memories and traditions alive," You said, looking him right in the eye, before slightly pushing him by the shoulder back so you could finally breathe.

Well, that was the plan before he grabbed your hand and trapped it down on the hand rest of the sofa, his hands slightly larger and longer than yours engulfed your hands as he smoothly intertwined it, all with a bother-less expression as he looked at the screen as a very white-washed Bella with the blue filter scene of the school cafeteria was shown.

You gulped wondering how you were going to survive the following hours. You acted like that contact did nothing to you as you shifted your fingers to make the position of your hand comfortable. You were really good at acting, that's what you told yourself or was a fact, because after all this time, how could Yuta not notice? You were carelessly dropping hints everywhere.

It was either he's very dense or you were good at acting which you were convinced was the latter because Yuta was a smart fellow who knew it when a girl liked him, that's how he pulled all those chicks to accompany him to all those boys night outs.