Part 4

Author's P.O.V
__ __ __
The three walk up to a statue on their horses as snow blows making the girls hair wave. "Ah, lovely. You've led us in a circle." Vesemir says towards Tetra. "No. I know these forests."

"Hmm. So did lord Carlisle." He states.

"At Aretuza, we used magic to cast pleasant illusions around unpleasant foods." She says getting off her horse and walking towards a tree. "Made food tastier, yet the after taste of the illusion?" She grabs a small leave from the tree and taste it.

"Bitter." She walks in another direction.
"Chaos clear our hearts and minds. Let our eyes see right and true. Lift the shroud that cloaks our mind." She waves her hands creating a blue glowing orb. the wind starts coming towards her forcefully scaring the horses.
"Lift the shroud that cloaks our mind!" She yells creating a huge boom from the orb.

Blue and gold appearing in the sky, the illusion disappears and a huge cliff instead of a forest appears. Part of the ground of which has Tetra's foot break almost making her fall down the cliff but Vesemir catches her. "That illusion was flawless."
She says after she gets pulled up, Y/n gets off her horse and walks to the edge of the cliff inspecting it.

"The power needed to maintain such art..." They look towards the other end of the forest.

"Could also bewitch a leshen." Vesemir says putting his sword away after taking it out in caution of danger.

~

They walk around when both Vesemir's and Y/n's medallions start vibrating. They look around Vesemir slightly taking a step towards you.
They spot something on top of a broken tower, a creature with red hair.
"Garean bhaedh aip me vhoelynath." The creature whispers in a creepy tone. "Kitsu?" Vesemir says with raised eyebrows.

"Friend of yours?" Tetra looks towards the two Witcher's. "Friend of a friend." He says, she looks towards you seeing you shake your head with a shrug.

"Garean bhaedh aip me vhoelynath!" The creature yells standing up from its sitting position. Y/n narrows her eyes at the creature knowing where this may lead having heard a slight rustle of another creature.

"Yes. I'll need to know what and where your den is if I'm to avoid it, especially since you're, you know. Slaughtering people over it." Vesemir try's to reason with the creature as another monster appears climbing the tower making Y/n's hold on her sword tighten.

"Witcher's." Tetra warns them looking at the monster. The monster roars spreading its wings out standing next to the red headed creature. "I've never seen such a species of basilisk. Another illusion?" Tetra questions.

Y/n takes out her sword along with Vesemir.
"We'll no doubt find out shortly." He says walking forward with Y/n as Tetra takes out her bow and arrows. Vesemir looks towards you. "Be careful." You nod with a slight smile.

They start running forward, Vesemir and Y/n going different directions. The monster roars and flys up towards Vesemir.
He's able to block the attack with his sword. The monster goes to attack again but immediately stops when an arrow is shot at it. It looks towards Tetra as she shoots another arrow.
It flys towards her dodging them then knocking her down along with her arrows, the creature jumps on top of her and roar getting closer to her face to kill her.

Fire is then blasted towards it knocking it off her. "I know. She has that effect on everyone. But still, manners." Vesemir says with a smirks as Tetra glares at him.

The monster then gets up and flys towards him, Vesemir jumps up dodging the attack and goes to kill it from its back but gets hit with its tail sending him towards a wall cracking it. The monster goes to hit him but roars of pain when it feels a sword lodged into its back.