Welcome to Mystery Island

The sunshine streamed through the entire island brightening the beautiful yet isolated place. The endless blue ocean surrounding the green island, the waves crashing the soft sand, the seagulls chirping merrily, the leaves of the tropical trees gleaming in the sunshine. It replaced the horror of the night with the golden glow of the sun.  Despite everything, there was danger lingering in the midst. Every beautiful thing has something horrible hidden in between them. It was the same for this Island. The five teenagers lay on the wet shore still asleep unaware of the danger that was about to cross their path.

The sunlight flashed amidst the white clouds making the five teenagers twitch in their sleep. They tried to shield their eyes from the bright sunlight but they were unsuccessful. 

"Arghh! Mom! Put down the covers! I am still on holiday!", shrieked Sam as she waved her around to snatch the covers from her mother. She kept her eyes shut due to the bright sunlight.

"Sam! What are you doing in my room?", shouted Liam. 

"Who?", asked Sam stupidly.

"Liam! It's my room, what are you doing here?", he screamed from another end.

"What are you talking about? It's mine!", shouted Sam.

"Mine!", shouted Liam.

"No mine!", shouted Sam.

"Guys stop shouting like the seagulls from Finding Nemo!", shouted Julie.

"Yeah! Did you find some crab or what?", shouted  Jane.

"What are you two doing here?", shouted Sam and Liam.

"Guys! Wake up! We are still in the Mystery Island!", said Billy, who was now up and was rubbing the sleep from his eyes. His leaf was almost torn because of all the time Sam had pulled it at night thinking it was her blanket.

At this, all of them immediately got up. They stared at their surroundings, with hopeless eyes, and stared at each other panicked. 

"Damn! I seriously hoped it was a dream", Liam said.

"Me too!", everyone agreed with him.

They were sitting on the weird big leaves that they have found last night. Around them were the unknown island, its wet sand, the wide and endless ocean. Towards the center of the island was the huge and impenetrable forest. Above them was the clear blue sky, now teeming with seagulls and fluffy white clouds.

"What are we going to do now?", asked Sam meekly.

"Do you think our parents have gone to the cops?", asked Jane.

Billy furiously ran his hand through his hair and said loudly, "DAMN IT! IT'S ALL MY FAULT! I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE WEATHER!"

"Billy, stop! It's not your fault!", Liam tried to assure him.

"Yes, Billy", said Julie. "We should have checked it too!"

"Let go, Billy! What's already done cannot be undone", said Jane. "We need to think about our future".

"Yeah", Billy said, with his hair still in his hair, "We need to figure out what to do next".

"You know, yesterday night when we went to sleep, I wished when I wake up the next morning, I would still be in my old room, the poster of Taylor Swift on my wall, the aroma of mom's special pancakes filling our house", Sam said quietly.

Everyone looked down. It wasn't just Sam. Each and every one of them wanted this nightmare to be over. To go back to their normal lives. How ironic life is. When they had everything, they never valued it, and now that they are miles away from their comfort they have finally started to realize how much they miss it.