Chapter 1

Chapter One

Y/N POV

Ever since I moved to Japan, things have been different. People stare and treat me as a stupid foreigner. They talk slower, with a condescending tone. Just what is their problem with me moving here? Even the people at this school have been cold. Not everyone, though. One person stopped to talk to me today. I had dropped my books due to a broken latch on my bag, and he helped me pick them up.

I stared at this kind person from head to toe, with an embarrassing blush on my face. "Here." He said, and handed me my bulky Advanced Mathematics book. "Are you new?"

"U-uh, yeah! My name is Y/N." I replied shakily.

"I'm Yuki Sohma. I'm the council president." He explained with a smile.

"Nice to meet you!" I said, extending my hand out for a handshake.

I guess I sorta forgot about Japanese culture, because Yuki gave me a bow, and I did some sort of weird hand slap thing against his head.

"Whuh-" he started, and I facepalmed.

"I'm sorry," I explained, giggling. "In America, we greet with a handshake. I forgot you guys greet with a bow." I said. "Here, let's retry this." I gave a stiff bow. He followed with a laugh.

I saw a girl approach behind us and grasp Yuki's shoulder. "Yuki, are you ready to go- who's this? My name is Tohru Honda." She said. I introduced myself again to this girl. She had a warm inviting voice. It made me smile.

"You seem very nice. Want to talk?" She said.

"Sure!" I said enthusiastically.

"Y/N is new to the school," Yuki explained. Tohru nodded with understanding. "In that case, let's be friends!" She started walking down the hall with me, Yuki tagging behind.

"Tohru, are we leaving NOW, because I wanna get home and-" A strange guy with orange(Yes, ORANGE) hair stopped in his tracks, staring at me.

Sorry, that's all for now. I will try to edit this regularly. I hope you look forward to it!