Chapter 7

Sorry for the delay guys. I have been working on my Kyoya X Tamaki X Reader. If you're into the 'breaking an 8,000,000 yen vase' stuff, then you should check it out! Okay gather around kids, it's story time!

After exams, I went home. It had been such an important day, I didn't get to see my friends at all. We had to eat lunch in the exam room, which I shared with people I didn't know. We stayed in the room for the entire day, hardly even getting up for anything while we took the math part of exams. I was glad exams were over.

Spring break was coming up soon, in maybe three weeks. The snow had melted and I watched the daffodils in my front yard start coming out of the ground. I love the smell of spring.

I can't stop thinking about Kyo. How he seemed so nice to me... am I overthinking this? I feel like I'm overthinking this. He probably doesn't like me at all.

When I got home, my mom was sitting on the couch, reading a book. "Hi Y/N, how was school?" She asks as usual.

"I had exams. All day." I said with a hint of grumpiness. I went straight to the fridge and pulled out a can of soda.

"Oh, that's right." She remembered. She went back to her book. I went to my room with a bowl of grapes in hand. I sat down on my bed and called Tohru.

"Hey, how were exams?" I asked her.

"Oh, I don't know, I think I did pretty well! Better than last year, at least!" She says happily. I think that's her only mood, you know. Happy.

"How is everyone at your house?" I said.

"I think I can hear Kyo hitting his head on the wall, but everyone's okay." I laughed. "Exams were probably hard for him!" I giggled. She laughed too.

We talked for an hour. After a while, I could hear her getting up and she said, "Sorry, I've got to go, I've got dinner to start! Bye!" I clicked end. I was bored.

"Hey Y/N, could you run out and get us a gallon of milk? I'm out and I need it for supper." Mom said. She handed me some money and I put on my shoes, heading out for the grocery store. I sighed. At least this was better than lying on my bed, making whale noises.

It was getting dark out. I was so relieved this was a nice neighborhood. The door to the grocery story automatically pushed open and I stepped in.

"Milk... milk..." I headed to the refrigerated aisle, and you would never believe who I saw. The bomber jacket, the oversized cargo pants... it had to be him.

I can't let him see me, I thought, and ducked into the next aisle, pulling up my hood to cover my H/C hair. I stuck my head out to watch him. Target confirmed. It was Kyo.

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. What do I do now? I watched him stare at a list for a while, then mutter "Where's the cereal aisle?" He had a basket held in one of his hands.

I looked around, and a realization hit me. I'm in the cereal aisle. My cover was blown. I quickly turned and became very interested in corn flakes. He stepped in and looked at me. His eyebrows raised and he asked, "Y/N?" I turned around. Just pretend you didn't know he was there. It was the only possible solution.

"Hi carrot-top, didn't think I'd see you here!" I said nervously.

He seemed surprised. "What are you doing out here?"

"Skydiving." I said sarcastically. "Getting milk." I clarified. He nodded. "Tohru sent me out here to get stuff for dinner." He says. I nod. We stood there for a while, not knowing what to say. He looked like he wanted to ask me something.

"Well, I've gotta go, my mom will be waiting-" I said, starting to move.

"Y/N, hold up for a second." My heart stopped. I turned around. "Hmm?"

"T-the festival." He said quietly. Oh, that's right. The school will be hosting a festival tomorrow, on Saturday.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"You'll be there?" He looked at me with his warm dark eyes. I saw gentleness there- and not to mention awkwardness.

"M-hmm." I nodded, cracking a smile.

"Good. I'll see you there." He looked away, dismissing me.

I turned and quickly snatched the gallon of milk and checked out. I headed out, excited about tomorrow. I couldn't wait to see Kyo there.

In the darkness, the town seemed a lot different. Alleys seemed more dark, sidewalks seemed a lot less safe. I stopped and stood there for a minute. I sat down on a bench, wondering if I should risk it and walk home, or-

"Y/N, what are you doing still here?" Kyo walked out of the store, paper bag in hand. "What, do you need me to walk you home or something?"

"Uh-h, that would be appreciated." I got up and joined him. He sighed, and I could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

My house is on the way to his, so he wouldn't have to go out of his way. I looked at him again. Why do I feel so safe around him? I asked myself. Duh, it's 'cause you like him, don't be stupid. "So..." I started, not knowing what to say. "What's on your mind?" I said.

"I dunno." He said, looking ahead. "Stuff." He answered.

"Pardon me asking, but why does Tohru live with you guys?" I asked the question that had been on my mind for days.

"After her mom died in a car accident, she had no place to go. So we... kinda took her in." He said.

"Wow! I had no idea..." I trailed off. He kept walking.

"Yeah, now she helps us out, with cooking, and stuff." He explained.

We didn't talk much after that.

"This is my house. Thanks for walking me home, Kyo. I'll see you tomorrow!" I said, heading into the driveway again and giving him a wave. He waved back, just a slight wave, and I saw him do what I never thought I would ever see him do.

He smiled.

That smile was in my head the rest of my day, and when I got into bed and fell asleep, it visited my dreams.

What a beautiful meadow, I thought, and sat down. I was wearing a flowy blue sundress. The meadow was bathed in sunlight, and the wildflowers prospered. I plucked some various flowers and weaved a crown. The wind kissed my face as I donned the finished crown. Suddenly I saw someone sitting next to me. I looked over and--surprise-- it was Kyo.

"Here, put mine on, too." He gently set a crown on my head. "You look beautiful." He smiled. I could feel a blush coming on as he leaned closer and we kissed. I put my arms over his shoulders. He put his warm hands on my waist. "I love you, Y/N."

What a weird dream.