~Prologue~

The world was ending and Ambria Turner knew it. From the moment the world went dark, so did she. The world was breaking into tiny grains, falling into the unknown.

The darkness was surrounding her, swallowing her in one gulp. Ambria squeezed her eyes shut, and screamed once more. Only echoes were in reply. Her scream bounced off the walls of the small space.

Her eyes started flashing back to before. Before it all happened, she was happy. Yes, she wasn't amazing but she still went to school, could still smile. Now, she couldn't. No smile, no hope, she would never be the same.

No matter how hard she would try, she would never get rid of the memories.

Just the slight remembrance, pulled her away to each of the hardest parts. It was all so hard.

Back to the flashbacks, flashing through her mind once, and then the next. They were small but each one held so much of her.

Being dragged against the floor.

Ambria remembered the scent of the drug as they dragged her away in a haze. The blood on her raw hands as she pulled and tugged until she collapsed from exhaustion.

The pain she felt when she was betrayed.

The pain she felt when she saw the blood everywhere.

She remembered the ring in her ears as the bullet passed right beside her.

There were more shots and, and each shot made her feel more and more pain. Squeezing her eyes shut has four more gunshots roared.

All she could do was hope.

Hope that none of the gunshots hit one of her friends.

Even if she didn't have any hope left.

The pain in her foot. Her head. There was pain everywhere.

Her hands had blisters, her headache bit in the back of her mind, her back stung from the heavy bricks, and worst of all her heart was broken from all that had happened.

Her friends.

Her family.

Both by blood and heart.

Ambria started crying.

Bryce had asked her a couple days ago if she knew that she can't be strong all the time. And she knew she couldn't but it made her feel braver if she just acted. She was done acting though. She was back to being a 5 year old, crying.

The drug.

The work they made her do.

"Slave."

"Servant."

"Worker."

"Worthless."

They were ruthless, they all tried to get rid of everyone.

All because it was their fault. They wanted to cover up what they did.

So they dragged her away, along with the rest of her friends.