What Was Missing [29]

???1: Trust me, this will be a fun surprise!

???2: What if we accidentally spook them, though? I wouldn't want that.

???1: It will be okay!

I slowly awoke to two people speaking to each other. Two voices that I recognized instantly. It was Kyojuro Rengoku and Mitsuri Kanroji. What were they doing here?

Rengoku: So we will hide behind this bed, and when Y/N wakes up, we'll jump out and yell, 'surprise'!

Mitsuri: What if they don't wake up for a little while, though?

Rengoku: I haven't thought that far yet.

My eyes were hardly open and they didn't realize I was awake. I looked down. Nezuko was sitting next to the bed where she was before. She was rocking back and forth with her eyes fixed on Rengoku's and Mitsuri's planning.

**They're so childish. I love it! But Rengoku's voice is so loud... How did they expect to surprise me when his voice alone can wake me up?**

I decided I'd play along with their little game. I exaggerated a yawn as I slowly stretched. They realized I was waking up and quickly ducked behind the bed. The bed wasn't even that tall and I could still see both of their hairs. Nezuko leaned on the bed to see what I was doing. I sat up.

Y/N: Hey, Nezuko. Good morning? Whatever time it is...

Rengoku: 3... 2... 1..!

**He's so loud! How did they think this would actually work?**

After his countdown to 1, he and Mitsuri both jumped up from behind the bed.

Rengoku: Surprise, young Y/N!

Mitsuri: Surprise!

I grabbed my chest with one hand and put my other hand on my forehead.

Y/N: Oh no! My blood's run cold!

I fell back onto the bed and pretended I passed out again. Nezuko jumped up from her seat.

Rengoku: Young Y/N!

Mitsuri: Oh no! We took it too far!

Mitsuri grabbed me and tried to shake me awake. Rengoku started to unbutton my Slayer Corps uniform.

Rengoku: Find Kocho. I'll perform CPR and buy time!

I stopped Rengoku from unbuttoning my shirt.

Y/N: Just kidding...

Rengoku, Mitsuri, and even Nezuko all let out a sigh of relief in unison. They all backed up and Nezuko sat back down.

Mitsuri: That was scary, Y/N!

Y/N: Sorry... I heard you two plotting to surprise me, so I thought I'd surprise you two instead.

Mitsuri: Don't apologize. We started it. It actually was kind of funny now that I know you're okay.

Rengoku: Amazing! You flipped the surprise back onto us!

Y/N: Nothing a little bit of acting can't do.

Rengoku: Incredible!

Alike Shinobu, neither one of them had changed even a little bit.

Mitsuri: How are you, Y/N? Stories about your recent adventures have spread all over the place! I was kind of sad when I came over to see you some months ago and you weren't here... But that's okay!

Y/N: I'm fine.

I thought about how tired and depressed I'd been feeling lately.

Y/N: For the most part... I didn't think I'd be back here for a little while longer, though.