23

Soeun wake up wearing a wide a smile on her face. She's happy, really happy not just because of Soojin being the first one to greet her but also to the fact that today she'll be able to celebrate her birthday after three years of not being able to do so.

Her heart feels light unlike before where she feels heartbroken and lonely. She thought she won't be able to feel like this ever again. Starting today, birthdays are not just a normal day passing anymore, it'll be a special day for her to celebrate again with the people she love the most.

Soeun's POV

Remembering what happened last night, Soojin taking me to the rooftop and greeted me at exact 12 am never fails to make me smile. How come I forgot that my day is coming but not Soojin and even made it more romantic? I really love how Soojin always make me feel special even though we're not yet together.

Today, i won't attend classes but will go to work and after that we'll celebrate with the squad. Im happy to celebrate with them again. I just hope today will go smooth without any problems happening.

I finally rose up from my bed and as i fix myself, i noticed that my roomate is not on her bed. Usually at this time, she's deep asleep even snoring.

Suddenly, the kitchen lights turned on. Isa came out holding a cake with her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOEUN-AH!" she greeted me excitedly

"Thank you. You don't have to buy a cake tho."

"Nah, i want to. You know it's our first time celebrating your birthday." oh right.

"Here." she handed me a card. Is this a letter?

"Read that, i will take a bath" she patted my shoulder and went to the bathroom.

Should i read this now or later? nevermind i'll read it now, i won't have time later. I sat on my bed, opened the card and start reading.

Dear Soeun,

Happy Birthday! Wah it's the first time celebrating your birthday ever since we met each other. I know those past years are not really for you to celebrate... I met you when you're in the state of giving up. I saw how broken you are from all the crying. You felt lonely and I saw how you had a hard time where it came to the point that you're hurting yourself. I witnessed it all Soeun and as your friend, it hurts me seeing you like that.

Life is hard, right? But i tell you it's not always like that. I told you before, time will come and you'll finally see the bright side. Now, the bright side is here, your life is slowly getting better, your friends are back, you and Soojin will get back together soon. I can see you smiling really wide unlike before when all you do is cry. You don't know how happy i am everytime you tell me things with that smile on your face. Soeun-ah, my only request to you is to never lose that  smile of yours. I am so happy for you. Always remember that im just here supporting you at all cost. Thank you for staying with me, I will always be your buddy okay? I love you!

Damn.

It's so early in the morning yet im already a crying mess. Isa... i love her. She's with me at my worst until now. She's the friend that i never wanted to lose. She's one of the best things that happened to me.

I wiped my tears away but i just can't stop crying. Isa finally came out of the bathroom and i immediately come to hug her so tight. I heard her chuckle as she hug me back.

"Yah stop crying i might cry too." she said but i just cried louder. I want her to cry with me, nah im just kidding.

I opened my phone and was welcomed by a bunch of greetings from the squad. I didn't forget to thank all of them.