Rain

Douma. For so long, the sun doesn't allow me to go outside during the day. But there are days, when clouds block the sun, and i can leave to be outside for longer than the night.

I went outside to find something to do. I already ate last night while Kotoha was asleep. So I'm not hungry.

The rain poured on me.

As i was walking, i saw Kotoha looking at the flowers while hilding an umbrella.

"Kotoha" i called to her, she jumped and looked at me but soon calmed down a she did.

"Douma-san!" She smiled as i walked up to her. "H-how are you,"

Stuttering? And why did she jump like that? Is something wrong?

I decided to play along and act as though there was nothing happening out of the ordinary.

"I'm doing well, thank you. I see you're watching the flowers." She turned back to them.

"Yes, they're so beautiful." She stood there alone-wait. Alone? Where is Inosuke! Her son!

"Kotoha, where is your son. You two usually don't separate." This worried me, the two were prerty inseparable.

"Ah, Inosuke is inside sleeping." But even when he's sleeping they don't separate from the other...

"I... wanted to go out in the rain by myself, the sound of it calms me a lot..."

But from what. What's troubling her in the first place...

"I met some of the people earlier, they were really kind!" So, she has finally met some of the people within my cult, that's nice.

She went silent... was it someone she had met?

Her face seemed worried. I walked up to her and put one of my arms around her shoulders as i also look at the flowers.

She looked up to me suprised, but calmed down and smiled.

We both stood there enjoying silence and the comfort we gave off.

I will protect you Kotoha, i don't know why, but i feel the need to.