Over-Confident

Metropolis

The streets were mainly quite apart from the stomping of people walking down the street. The sun scorched the sidewalk with the heat radiating off it like a brick oven. Suddenly, alarms could be heard ringing out across the city. Four thieves walked into Metropolis National Bank sporting machine guns in their hands.

"Down on the ground" the first thief said shooting his gun into the roof of the bank causing debris from the ceiling to crash onto the floor. The civilians and the bank tellers were gathered in the middle of the room following the thief's instructions as to not get shot. While the civilians were being gathered up the leader of the thieves went into the back of the bank and opened the steel vault door. The door revealed stacks of gold bars and piles of cash. As he started to collect the cash into a duffel bag filling it to the brim Kara came crashing through the front of the bank. The thieves looked at each other before starting to fire at Kara. They unloaded their entire ammo clips as smoke started to ooze from their guns. The smoke cleared to reveal a perfectly fine Kara.

"It didn't work on Superman, what made you think it would work on me?" Kara questioned with a cocky smile on her face. She moved quickly grabbing both machine guns out of the two thieves' hands crushing them in her bare hands. She grabbed the collar of their T-shirts yanking them towards each other knocking them both out. The third thief stared in bewilderment before starting to run out the back of the bank. Kara raced in front of him pushing him backwards causing him to slide across the floor like an ice puck. As Kara walked past the thief, she used her freeze breath to solidify him to the floor so he could not escape. A few minutes later the final thief walked out of the vault and back into the main part of the bank. As he walked in, he spotted his comrades all detained, the two thieves on watch sat back-to-back knocked out at the foot of the broken bank doors. He turned his head toward his other teammate who hands, and feet were frozen to the floor. Finally, he turned his head to see Kara who was standing next to him with a massive smile on her face giving a little wave before she raised her fist and knocked the final thief out cold. The bag of money dropped to the floor with the stolen money spilling out of it. "Well, that was easy" Kara stated cockily before walking out of the bank to a squadron of police officers hiding behind their cars with their guns aimed at the front of the building. "They're all yours boys" Kara stated before booming off into the sky. The police officers all watched shocked as Kara sawed off into the sky before rushing inside to arrest the thieves.

Kara arrived back at the Kent farm levitating down onto the wooden porch, the wooden boards creaking as she placed her weight on them. She walked through the door to find Lois sitting on the couch with a bowl full of Doritos sat on her lap. Lois had the TV on with the news booming out of the speaker system. 'A mysterious woman appeared to stop a heist today at Metropolis Bank. The women, wearing a similar suit to Superman, smashed through the bank doors and stopped the thieves before they could make away with the money. Whilst stopping these thieves the woman used extreme force to apprehend the thieves. When officers arrived on the scene two of the thieves had major concussions and mild head trauma, another thief's hands had 3rd degree ice burns on his hand and both feet from where he was frozen to the floor. The final thief was found with three cracked ribs, a ruptured kidney, and a bruised lung. All four men are currently in the hospital from these injuries and look to make a full recovery before there trials. However, the real question coming out of this story is who is this mysterious woman, why has she only now appeared and what will she do next?' As the news cast carried on Kara looked at Lois with a smug smile on her face, while Lois returned a disappointed look from her seated position on the couch. Kara face changed to look of confusion as she questioned what was wrong.

"You put four guys in the ICU Kara! What if you had killed one of them? You were lucky this time but next time you may not" Lois explained in a disappointed tone. Kara looked back in bewilderment not comprehending what Lois was saying, the guys she hurt were in the wrong and they needed to be stopped. "Kara everything isn't just black and white, there are grey areas in life. People don't just do something for no reason. The people you hurt today while were breaking the law they weren't and are not bad people, just people faced with hard choices who made bad decisions. When you put on that suit you represent your house, you represent your people, you represent Clark. When you put on that suit you must inspire hope and justice, not fear and pain. Superman did not kill, and you don't have too either." Kara stood there in shock not knowing how to answer. After a few seconds of awkward silence Kara walked away and into her room slamming the door behind her, cracking the doorframe as the door slammed shut.

As the night wore on Lois stayed on the couch until the clock finally tolled out informing the house midnight had arrived. Before heading off to bed Lois walked out onto the porch leaning on the wooden frame as she stared into the night sky. The stars shined bright out on the Kent farm due to it being far away from the towing landscape of smoke and skyscrapers of Metropolis. Lois waited on the porch for a few minutes as if waiting for a sign on how to handle the Kara situation, but alas there was no sign just the cold breeze of the night rushing through the farm. A few meters above Lois Kara sat on the roof of the porch clutching her knees distraught from the conversation her and Lois had earlier in the day. After a few minutes they both retired back to their bedroom climbing into their beds to finally end the hectic day.

Metropolis

Even though it was midnight in Metropolis thecity was still alive with its citizens out hitting the town, partying, anddrinking. On the top of the Daily Planet the golden planet that stood proudlyat the top shone in the light of the moonlight. Suddenly, a figure floated downplanting his feet on the top of the globe. He stared out onto the city thedarkness of the night shadowing him to the world, just his eyes glowing adarkened red before he shot of into the sky.