Maxwell Lord

Daily Planet

Lois sat at her desk, the glare from her computer projecting itself onto her face. She was looking for information on someone, Maxwell Lord. Who was he? Where did he come from? Why did he by the Daily Planet? The questions floated around Lois's head pushing her harder and harder to find the answers. Lois was so focused on her research she hadn't noticed the red-headed photographer that had moved to be seated next to her. He started to wave with a goofy smile on his face, getting Lois's attention.

"What do you want Jimmy? I'm a little busy" Lois questioned not taking her eyes of her computer.

"Just wanted to get your thoughts on everything that's happened with the Lord guy, with Clark, and what you think of some of the newbies" jimmy answered his eyes bouncing around the room. His eyes finally stopped, resting on the beautiful blonde sitting a few desks down from Lois. He got up strutting over to her with his goofy grin on his face before sitting on the side of her desk. "Olsen, Jimmy Olsen" he exclaimed, in a poor English accent, extending his hand to the blonde. The blonde returned his handshake answering with the name Cat Grant. Lois rolled her eyes at Jimmy before returning to her research. A few minutes later Kara came running in dressed in human clothing looking for Lois. It didn't take long for her to find Lois's desk, she arrived at the desk noticing Lois was gone. Kara looked around using her x-ray vision to see if she could spot Lois somewhere in the building but no luck. She turned to see Jimmy still talking to Cat and walked over asking where Lois was. He replied saying she had gone to confront Max Lord at his head offices downtown. Kara quickly headed for the elevator, the doors opening to reveal a man in army camo and a metal helmet holding a giant pistol in his right hand. He moved the gun towards the centre of Kara face telling her to move back and gather everyone into the centre of the room. He spoke with a British accent and had a cocky demeanour. As Kara was collecting everyone to the centre of the room, she used the commotion to slip out one of the windows changing into her suit mid-flight. She flew back into the room commanding the man put down his gun and surrender. The man turned to look at her still smiling as he started to speak.

"You don't know who I am do you?" the man question causing a deflated shrug from Kara. "I'm Bloodsport, I guess your friend didn't tell you what I did to him the last time we met." As he said this, he fired his gun the bullet launching out of the barrel heading straight towards Kara. However, this bullet was not the usual metallic grey the other criminals used, this bullet was a dirty dark green and had a strange glow. Kara stood there expecting the bullet to bounce off her, to her surprise the bullet pierced her shoulder causing Kara to fall back clutching at her wound as her blood started to gush out. Bloodsport turned to leave as Kara failed to get up and blacking out. Before she lost consciousness, she caught glimpse of a man gushing into the room, lifting her into his arms and flying out of the office. When Kara came to, she was lying in a hospital bed with doctors surrounding her causing her to jump up from the bed and speed out of the hospital.

Lord Industries

Lois stood outside Lord Industries Metropolis HQ ready to enter. The building was tall almost piercing the clouds, the grey brick contrasting with the colourful background of Metropolis. Lois entered walking to the reception desk, the receptionist waiting with a forced smile as Lois approached. Lois was about to demand to see Maxwell Lord before she was stopped as he walked around the corner smiling at Lois. He gestured for her to come with him if she wanted answers. They used the elevator to get to Lord's private office the elevator ride being a chartless affair as happy music boomed through the speakers. As they exited the elevator they walked to Lord's private office, Lord opening the door gesturing Lois to enter. Lois entered the room her face changing from a look of disgust to one of shock. The rest of the building was fairly lifeless and absent of colour, but Lord's office was anything but. The office was massive with red and blue colouring the walls. His glass desk holding his laptop, many files and two mugs, one with trinkets in and the other with a warm cup of coffee. Lois sat down on the comfy office chair while Lord took his deluxe seat behind his desk.

"So, miss Lane... Or Kent, I can't remember if you took his name, what brings you to my HQ today?" Lord started with a devious smile on his face. Lois sat there glaring at Lord with her shocked face having completely disappeared.

"It's Lane" Lois stated firmly before continuing. "I want to know why your sudden interest and purchase of the Daily planet? And what your plans are going forward?" Lois questioned still glaring a hole through Lord. Lord chuckled starting to fiddle with his pen.

"I've had some bad PR in the past, and I would like a better reputation" Lord joked receiving an unamused look from Lois. "Other than that, it's none of your business what I have planned, just be grateful you still have a job because without me The Daily Planet would be closed down." Lord let Lois process the information before he continued. "Also, the last owner of the Planet was Lex Luthor, and while I am a man who values wealth I am also a man who values the truth, I can assume you will be one of those people?" Lord questioned resting back into his chair waiting for Lois's response. Lois just nodded before getting up to leave. Before she leaves Lord made one more statement. "Oh, and congratulations on the pregnancy, shame Clark won't be around to watch the little person grow up. But hey I grew up without a farther and I turned out fine" Lord finished with a narcissistic smile plastered all over his face. Lois turned in shock with tears in her eyes, rushing out of the office as quickly as she could. She ran to the first bathroom she could locking herself in a stall to compose herself before throwing up into the toilet causing more tears to rush from her eyes. After sorting herself out and cleaning up her face to hide the fact she had been crying. When she was ready, she left the bathroom and started to make her way to the elevator she came up on. Lois glanced at the TV that hung high on the wall, the TV was broadcasting the news and reporting outside the Metropolis hospital. Lois paid closer attention to what was happening on the broadcast as the live correspondent claimed that the mystery hero had been admitted to the hospital earlier today after being shot with a kryptonite bullet. As the Correspondent stated this Kara could be seen running out of the hospital and shooting of into the air before any comment could be made. Lois quickly entered the elevator rapidly pressing the button to leave the building.

Kent Farm

Kara arrived back on the farm climbing through her window stumbling around her room before collapsing onto her carpet, the kryptonite bullet still lodged in her shoulder.