03: Spring

A/N: a really special chapter, enjoy

Frozen, The Alpha remained; waiting for a sign, a lingering gaze, a sudden, even if slight, movement of hers – something that would make him grow brave, take one more step. And yet, as the clock in their room ticked, Hani didn't reach out. Instead, the girl, as if trapped in his image, remained quiet and still, furiously, her hands trembled. Right in front of him, eye to eye, Jungkook watched how her eyes reddened, her lips quivered and how, indescribably, they welled up with ravenous tears. Unbeknownst to him, his eyes did the same, yet uncertain and unsure as to why they cried. It was when her head fell and a small sob escaped from her lips that Jungkook trailed towards where she was in bed. Gently, he sat next to her and shyly, his hands searched for hers. However, somehow, as if his fingers knew what the girl's hands sheltered, The Alpha did not reach out to them. He waited patiently, nervously for them to call out to him.

"Are you okay?" Reluctantly, Jungkook tried to speak, he tried to push the words out of the girl's mouth. "What's wrong?"

Outside the sun was being swallowed into the horizon; the light, slowly, faded from their room, their pack, the sky. The wind that had been tenderly swaying the white curtains of their room ceased. It grew quiet and besides Hani's small sobs, only a door to a room creaked – Fai's. The girl's head raised after what felt like an eternity. Her eyes swollen, glowing and twinkling with tears dived into the Alpha's big and nervous, dark and yet, bright. Shakingly, she wiped the tears with her hands and taking a deep breath, Hani attempted to sort the words out in her head. In vain, it was; for as much as she tried and fought with the lines, none of them seemed good enough, none of them fitted the things she was feeling. Everything was lacking, everything seemed not enough now that she was certain. However, it was not the girl's vocabulary that lacked; it was not her that lacked the words, neither was her tongue that was untaught and devoid of beauty. It was the feeling, the immensity, the overwhelming happiness and excitement that came with the statement. It was so big, so huge, so... more and more than the small world she often eyed with affection; it was impossible to find words for it. The emotion, or so it seemed, lived in another spectrum, in another dimension and space that was not anyone's, not of the earth and the skies, but only hers and his. And yet, even she struggled to grasp it in her hands. Only when she touched it, only when she felt it move, only when she could hear the heart that beat... only then, could she feel it as hers, and not as something magical and foreign that was presented to her in dreams.

"I don't know.... I don't know how to tell you"

"Just..." Hani's confession caused Jungkook's heart to become unbalanced in his chest. Tremulously, it beat as if it was re-learning how to function. "Just show me, then"

Hani straightened herself in bed; steadily, her heart beat as she gazed at him debating about how to show him - an emotion. Which, needless to say, appeared in her eyes to be impossible. How was she supposed to show him something he could not see, only feel? At that moment, Jungkook's hand reached out for hers; it dangled in the air, open, waiting to be held or guided. They trembled, shook, quivered like the earth, like the skies before a storm. Gently, Hani's hand took them; embracing them, covering them and coating them, unconsciously, in a warm reassurance, into a feeling of belonging and relaxation. Baffled, with his whole body vibrating, Jungkook watched wide eyed, utterly transfixed and enticed on the path her hands took his on. Hani's eyes remained on him, drunk on each of his features that upon the realization, the surprise of the day, revealed themselves to be even more precious to her. A jolt of electricity ravished The Alpha's body, once he felt her hot skin under the palm of his hands. His eyes that sparkled vibrantly in anticipation were glued to her belly, to the moles and the different details that adorned it; he trailed the image of both of their hands united, intertwined as they always have been, above it.