•2•

No Ones POV:
It was midnight and Mikey bolted awake in a cold sweat, a horrid sting in his lungs and throat, tears prickled in Mikey's eyes as the young turtle began to cough harshly, as he stood from his bed, only to fall back down. Mikey griped his neck as he bent over, his forehead touching the cold floor. He didn't want to be too loud, but holding the cough in to quite it down hurt even more. Mikey grabbed a Pizza box and opened it, hoping the smell of Pizza would drift and somehow stop his coughing, but it only made it worse, although the smell did make Mikey drool, making whatever was in his throat slowly make it way up from the help of Mikey's severe coughing.
Soon a orange rose with pink at the ends, that was covered in blood; and also over the pizza box once it had fell out. The pizza box was covered in his red blood, as much as the flower with thorns and petals. Mikey shakily picked the rose up and brought it to his line of sight she he could see it better.
"This.. isn't normal.." Mikey feared, he didn't know why but whatever was going on didn't feel right, even if it was a mutant thing.. wouldn't his brothers or sensei tell him. After a few more light coughs, Mikey stood up and left his room towards the kitchen. "If this is gonna happen all the time I need water and a bucket with me every minute.. everyday." Mikey said to himself. He grabbed a glass and filled it with water, gulping it down the second the cold glass touched his lime green lips, the cold water numbing his sore throat. After that Mikey washed the rose and left the kitchen. The young turtle twisted his head to looked in the living room, seeing that there was a vase with one of Mikey's flowers next to the TV. Mikey smiled weakly and put the other flower in the vase. Seems like he was gonna start a collection. Mikey looked towards Donnie's lab and walked forward. He opened the doors lightly and saw that Donnie was thankfully asleep, 'god Donnie is asleep? What time is it?' Mikey thought to himself, he looked over at the clock that was nearby and saw it was three in the morning, Donnie went to bed at two tonight. Mikey hummed and went to Donnie's shelves where multiple books laid. He read through the blurbs and saw one that had said Illness's & Sickness's on it, he quickly took the book and opened it, flipping through the pages until he hit the jackpot. 'Hanahaki... Hanahakiiii AHA!' Mikey thought, he quickly but quietly snuck the book in his armpits and crawled out the lab, shutting the door behind him and went to his room.
Mikey sat on his bed, legs crossed and opened the book.

Hanahaki Disease (花吐き病 (Japanese); 하나하키병 (Korean); 花吐病 (Chinese)) is a disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left...

Mikey's eyes widened. But he didn't love anyone.. how could this be? Tears prickled in Mikey's eyes, he could die.. he might die...

Mikey began looking frantically for a cure-

The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from unrequited love, where the patient's throat will fill up with flower, they will then proceed to throw, and cough up the petals, (sometimes even the flowers). One of the only ways for the disease to 'disappear' is if, the said person returns the feeling (it can't be resolved with friendship, it has to be genuine feelings of love). The infection can also be removed through surgery, though the feelings disappear along with the petals. If they choose nether options, or the feeling is not returned in time, then the patient's lungs will fill up with flowers, and will eventually suffocate.
There is no specific flower for the disease, but it'll either be the crushes favourite type of flower, or their favourite colour. We can only hope for the patients, and pray that the crushes favourite flower isn't a type of rose.

Surgery?! How the hell could he get surgery! And he had A ROSE! But he didn't like anyone.. did he? No..

Mikey put a hand over his mouth as heavy tears filled his baby blue eyes, stoping himself from screaming in pure terror and fear. He might die... this could actually be then end of him... there a ROSES growing inside of him...
Mikey coughed up a few whimpers and closed the book, bringing the book cover in contact of his like green head, crying silently.

This could be the death of him...