Going Back

Amber

Some times all you want, is to get your childhood back. To enjoy your life again and to redo your mistakes. Well that is what I want, but unfortunately, I can't get it back .The worst part is that I want my childhood back and don't want it back at the same time. Weird? I know.

And today is the day I will be going back to my home town, Alford. Just like its name, this town is mysterious. I seriously have no idea why some one would want to live in this stupid town.

Yes, I called my home town stupid. But, let's get real it's practically in the middle of nowhere and people over there prefer to live like we're still in the 60's.

"Honey, we'll be landing in a few minutes." My mom warned from beside me.

"OK, Mom." I take in a deep breath to calm my nerves.

Any minute and I will be in that town. My birth place. My childhood. Jason.

That name brings back memories of the good part of my childhood. The non-depressing one. God, how I miss him! I wonder, what he looks like now.

After a few minutes, we get off the plane and get our bags. After getting a cab and putting our luggage in it we set off to God knows where.

"Mom?" I asked.

She hummed in response, turning her head towards me with a slightly raised eyebrow, telling me to go on.

"Where are we going?"

"To our new house, sweetheart. Where else?" She chuckles slightly, shaking her head.

"I know that, Mom. But, where is this new house?"

"Why don't you wait and see?" She winks in my direction.

"Not fair!" I huff in irritation as I turn around to gaze out the window.

This trip would be so much fun if Dad was here. You must be wondering where my dad is. Well, he died when I was 6. Right here, in this awful town, in a car accident, where the cops don't think it's part of their job to actually CATCH the culprit instead of just 'investigating' in the same place a thousand times.

Yup, this town sucks. After Dad died, Mom had to find a job. So eventually, we moved out of this town and went to the city, leaving my school and friends behind. Not to mention my necklace that my mom gave me when I was 3. And, me being the naive and emotional idiot that I was, I gave it to my childhood best friend. Lets just say, that my mom was not very happy about it.

You see, my dad gave that to her when they were young, before I was even born and that pendant held a lot of memories of them together. And, I gave it away to a lovely boy because I was leaving and I wanted him to remember me. He probably doesn't even remember me now and maybe even threw it away as soon as I left town. After that incident, I hate that boy more than any thing. Yeah, we were best friends, but come on!

I'm just kidding. I just want him to give it back to me. And, if he's thrown it away or misplaced it, he's just going to have to help me find the necklace's doppelgänger.

I'm not letting him off the hook so easily. My mom's been through enough already. I think it's time I did something for her, instead of the other way around.

I'm getting that guy to give me back my necklace if it's the last thing I do.