XXIII

˜”*°• She Was There •°*”˜

"Good job, Atsushi-kun."

Dazai eyes were glued on to what was happening in front of them, he smirked as he watched the white haired boy makes a scene.

"You have acting like a worthless human being down to an art form."

"Hm, that's not nice."

(Y/n) lightly scolded and stared at him disapprovingly. The brunette merely smiled and brushed off her chide.

"Well, what do you think?"

She pouted, "That poor boy is shaking to the core, of course I feel bad for him."

"Ah~ my belladonna is so soft, how adorable~!"

He enveloped her in a sudden embrace and he rubbed her cheek against hers.

"Such an angel~ What an angel!"

"Shh! Dazai tone it down...!"

"Ah~! My heart can't take it!"

An irk mark appeared on Kunikida forehead, he knew that his colleague was testing him and he falling for it.

He subtly clenched his fists as he gritted his teeth, he wasn't even embarrass anymore at the current position he was in.

"So why do you toss that bomb aside, and we can look jobs together?"

The albino moved close to the bomber and neared the latter's face. Already forgetting that he was supposed to be pretending to deliver newspapers.

"Okay?!"

The ginger haired man raised the bomb's remote upwards, he's face was sweating bullets at Atsushi's closeness.

"N-No, I'm not exactly looking for one."

His grip on the remote loosened and that was enough for them to subdue the man.

"Now, Kunikida-kun."

"I know!"

The blond male quickly scribbled away on his notebook, "Ability: Doppo Poet," He tore a page and activated his ability.

"Wire gun!"

The bomber and the man-eating tiger turned to look at the bright green light emitting from the page Kunikida tore.

And in his hand was a wire gun.

The ginger haired man's eyes widened as he realized what was about to happen.

"Crap—"

Kunikida rushed to aim for the remote and successfully removed it from the orange-nette's hand.

The latter flinched, he remained frozen at his spot as everything was happening too fast.

"Get him, Kunikida-kun!"

Both (Y/n) and Dazai stood up, the brown haired protectively raised his arm in front of the woman as he yelled at his colleague.

"Like I already said, I know!"

At his frozen state, the blond took it as an opportunity to grab a hold of the ginger haired bomber's collar and he slammed him harshly on to the floor.

"One down!" Dazai said.

The (h/c)-nette smiled as they both began walking towards the apprehended man and the detective.

"All right. Good job, everyone."

The albino sighed in relief and the agency's staff members started to clap their hands.

""One down", you say?"

"—?"

The staffs halted their applause and tilted their heads at Kunikida's words.

""Now!"? "Secure him!"? You're all talk and no action!"

"What choice was there? You lost at rock-paper-scissors, Kunikida-kun." Dazai spoke with a hint of smug in his voice.

His blond colleague looked away and scowled, "You bastard."

(Y/n) let out a giggle, her sudden voice made every males' hearts, in the room, beat at her angelic laugh.

.

.

.

"Well, I think that was brave, Doppo-kun."