XIX

˜”*°• She Was There •°*”˜

"Let's go, Atsushi-kun."

"What?"

Inside the office was a man with orange coloured hair, who sat on one of the office's desk and was trembling.

"I can't..." He sobbed.

"I can't take it anymore..."

And beneath him was the hostage, as she was tied up and had a gag wrapped over her mouth. She remained still and was unmoving.

Hiding behind the corner were the agency's staff members, who were peeking at the bomber in a not so furtive manner.

"It's all your fault."

The orange haired's mood was dingy, "The Armed Detective Agency's fault."

A hand was covering his face and the trio with (Y/n) behind them were able to sneak in furtively.

"Where's the President?" He grunted irritably.

"Bring the President!" He yelled.

"If you don't..."

The bomber roughly grabbed his hostage and spoke in a threatening manner.

"!"

"I'll blow everyone to kingdom come."

He harshly shoved her back down on to the ground earning a yelp from the tied up girl. Whilst the four of them stared from a distance.

"A personal grudge? That's inconvenient."

"Yeah..."

"Why am I here?"

Atsushi sweatdropped as he tried to connect the dots on how was he related to any of this. But they ignored him.

(Y/n) spoke, "The bomber seems pretty furious at the agency."

"I don't think I'll be of any use. May I go now?"

The white haired boy pleaded as he obviously didn't want to be involved of any of the agency's affairs.

But too bad for him,

They ignored his statement again.

"We do attract a lot of ill will."

"You're ignoring me?"

The bomber kept of shifting his leg as he was slowly getting impatient.

"Besides, that's a high explosive." (Y/n) pointed to what looked like a bomb next the bomber on the table.

"If the bomber acts on his threat and detonates it," She trailed off.

"The whole floor's as good as gone."

Dazai continued as if he knew what she was about to say and to add a bit of fear to the man-eating tiger.

"Oh no..."

"We may be able to mitigate the force of the explosion somewhat if we can find something to cover the bomb,"

Dazai secretly gave his blonde colleague a side way glance.

"But given the circumstances... I can't believe he took a woman as a hostage, the coward."

He closed his chocolate eyes in frustration, but by giving (Y/n)'s soft hand a slight firm press, he reassured himself that his belladonna was not the one in danger.

In response, she smiled and gave his hand a small squeeze.

"Who's the girl?" Atsushi asked.

"She's Naomi-chan, a part-time office assistant."

"A part-timer?!" Atsushi gasped.

"Then she's a completely innocent bystander!"

The three, (Y/n), Dazai and Kunikida, then huddled up together and began discussing of a plan behind Atsushi's back.

.

.

.

"What should we do?"