05 | the practice room

"I can feel your warmth, I can see you so closely

"I can feel your warmth, I can see you so closely. That's how I can be happy."

𑁋 Wheein, 'Shine On Me [OST]'

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

The hallways of the school had already mostly emptied out, much to Wheein's surprise, as she travels down the fine arts hallway alone with a half-confident smile on her face. She sees other students filing in out of the orchestra and band rooms, carrying out their own instruments in-hand and out of sight. The confidence inside of her raises up significantly by the time she reaches the choir room at the end of the hall.

She takes a pause at the door before entering. Recently, she had signed herself up with using the practice music room after school𑁋with permission of course𑁋so she would be able to get herself ready for her upcoming audition, which was just in three days.

Holy shit, Wheein thinks. The auditions is in three days.

Suddenly, she felt as if her feet had sunken into the ground beneath her, the anxiety of just thinking about this audition coming to her head, and the thought that this could either change her life or not. Wheein had never felt this passionate for something in her life: making music, becoming a singer, an artist, an idol𑁋to work with other people if she ever gets to. That's what she wants to be known for. And though these days she still questions to herself if this was the right call, only she knew the answer.

Wheein takes one last deep breath, before reaching an arm out to head inside of the choir room.

She's met with silence upon entering the vast empty choir room, almost like a desolate ghost town. However, in a moment, she notices a young woman heading in her direction with a bright smile.

"Wheein! I'm happy that you were able to make it." the choir director, Miss Kim, greets her.

"Thank you, I'm happy that this little opportunity would be able to help me." 

"Kids dream big these days. Just know you can come here anytime," Miss Kim sighs, before motioning with a finger for Wheein to follow. "So, three days, are you ready for the audition? Feeling nervous?"

Gosh, did she just have to remind me again? Wheein scratches the skin of her neck as she follows the woman towards the part of the choir room where the practice room was located. The school she attends to has been fairly small, so there was only room that could accommodate the amount of students that wanted to use it, which weren't very many on a daily basis.

The words were flying around her head. Is she ready? Will all of this hard work pay off for her? Did she practise enough? Did she encourage herself enough for this? Was this the right choice?