02 | the library

be aware of hyejin's teases for the entirety of the book

"I thought you only existed in a fairytale. You approach me gently through a square screen, a fairy called you who came to me. The one I watched afar all by myself, you've always been a dream." 

𑁋 Hwasa, 'Fairy of Shampoo'

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

Hyejin never knew the reason as to why she visited the library when she didn't read much anyway. Maybe because it was quiet and it was easier to keep her mind off things, or maybe it was because... because...

Actually, that's the only reason she can think possibly about. Plus, she had been wanting to get out of the house for the next few days to be able to clear her head. 

Hyejin finds herself trailing down one of the quiet aisles of the spacious library she was in, a half-empty cup of coffee in her hand as her eyes attempt to read over the vertical text on the spines of the books, trying to find something worth appealing to her eyes. Even if her mission wasn't trying to find a decent book to read, the utter silence and peaceful atmosphere of the library helped soothe her anxious nerves of what's about come for her just six days from now. 

There wasn't much to talk about it, except Hyejin somehow being able to convince her parents about this 'grand opportunity in Seoul that's a once-in-a-lifetime thing', or something vaguely similar to that. Basically, in six days, she's going to be travelling to Seoul in the hopes of letting her passions become reality. She just had to survive the anticipation of the next few days. And now thinking about again when she shouldn't, it sounded really cheesy in her head.

Hyejin lifts her head up from the row of books, curiously looking around the library and seeing people walk past her aisle with books in hand. She could also see people sat down at tables nearest to the bright windows either reading or quietly conversing with one another, and she also notices that practically all of the library computers were filled. Coming to the library had been quite rare for her, yet she couldn't help but think how often all these people come here. 

"Excuse me, ma'am, do you need help with finding something?" A voice startles her out of nowhere, and Hyejin turns around to meet eyes with a woman, who had a badge on her chest that held her name: Seo Joohyun.

Hyejin turns back to the rows of books as if she had found a pot of gold. "Oh, no, thank you. I found what I was looking for."

The woman just gives a polite smile before moving away; she was probably the librarian of the place.

Her eyes gaze back towards the selection of books, thinking whether or not she should at least blend herself in the world of reading. She was quite curious anyways, and the last time she probably read a fully finished book was... never ago. Either she had never had the luck of finding a good book to read, or maybe the books she had partially read were shit (or so she thought), probably because her impatient self would stop halfway and completely abandon it. Plus, recently, her life had been fully invested into being fairly active in this 'once-in-a-lifetime thing'. That was an understatement, by the way.