part 25: were falling apart

It was Saturday and for some reason you were sitting outside at 5 a.m. what the hell! You were sitting on the ground outside the back of school. Vanessa and Tamaki were getting ready to spar but for some reason it had to be at 5 a.m. before the sun had risen. It was chilly outside luckily Tamaki knew you so well he gave you one of his jackets for you to use as long as you promised to patch him up after this spar.

You sipped on a small cup off coffee you made yourself before leaving your dorm. "Ok painting kid! Were ready tell us when!" Vanessa yelled at you.

"Did she just call me painting kid..? Bruh.." you sat there for a second. You make sure Tamaki and Vanessa were both in position and ready to go. "Alright aaaand..go!!" You had to shout because you were pretty far from the fight.

Tamaki was worried because of Vanessa's quirk you might get hurt. Also that he might accidentally hurt you with his quirk. Tamaki tends to worry about that a lot and that's the reason he wont even lightly spar with you. You might not be a hero but being strong is still very important to you.

The spar had started you were busy in your own world thinking about Tamaki. The spar was going ok, sparing when you watch it always seems to be boring. Suddenly, again the group of fan girls appeared behind you. "Yaaaaay Tamaki!!" One girl shouted.

You jumped and looked behind you it was only 4 of the 7 from last time. You stared at them kind of hoping they wouldn't realize its Tamaki's jacket that your wearing but to be honest you don't think they even notice you. But why the hell were they here at 5 a.m. and how did they know about this?

Tamaki once he heard the girl had to zone her out and pretend that more people than just you were watching. It made him uncomfortable. As he was thinking of uncomfortable things suddenly he landed on his feet from dodging over Vanessa then she grinned an evil grin. "Boom boom hun"

Then under Tamaki's feet a big explosion went off. The 4 girls behind you gasped and you quickly got to your feet ready to run to Tamaki. So were the other girls but you know your his girlfriend. The smoke cleared and you saw Tamaki was a couple scratches but ok and pinning Vanessa to the ground. "Damn it! I thought I had you there" Vanessa whined and Tamaki panted.

You sighed and the small group of girls ran to Tamaki squealing. "Wow Tamaki that was so so cool!!!" One said.

"Yeah! Please sign my arm! One day you'll be an awesome hero!" Another said.

Tamaki got uncomfortable and before you could shoo them away Vanessa did it for you. You stared as the girls left and Vanessa pat Tamaki on the back. "Of all the girls you could have you picked the one useless one in the support course.. why not someone from the hero course? Why not someone prettier? Why not someone you'd want to spar with..? Why?" You tried to never think these things you used to not to but now that Tamaki was surrounded with girls 24/7. You started to question everything.

Tears welled up in your eyes and you quickly ran to your dorm before Tamaki could notice you were gone. Good thing he was talking to Vanessa so you made your great escape. You closed your door behind you and flopped on your bed. "Don't be depressed y/n come on..now's not the time to be feeling like this..be gone depression and sad thoughts!" No matter how much you tried not to cry, you did the tears pored from your eyes.

You curled up under your weighted blanket and hugged a pillow. You fell back asleep and hours went by on and off of you waking up. Part of you was waiting for Tamaki to come wake you up the other would rather hide forever. It was noon now. Your eyes stayed open, dried tears on your pillow, the numbness was burning inside you.

You sighed and got up from the bed having a hard time pushing just a 12 pound weighted blanket off of you. You walked to Tamaki's dorm. You were allowed to just walk in whenever so you opened the door wide open to see snacks and drinks on Tamaki's table. Tamaki and Vanessa were having a long conversation. Tamaki didn't seem to have an issue talking to her at all, in fact they were so deep in conversation they didn't notice you for a long while.

"Amajiki dude, you could do better then that support class girl! Like come on bro!" Vanessa said right as she lopked over to you and froze.

"Oh shiiiit! Hey painting kid" Vanessa said chuckling and Tamaki looked over to you realizing you had bin crying.

Tamaki got up and walked over to you to hug you but you pushed him away. "Don't touch me.." you mumbled and Tamaki backed off.

The look of worry and guilt spread all over his face, he knew you heard what Vanessa said. He also knew that you knew he didn't realize you were gone till now. "Sooo like kid what did ya hear?" Vanessa said.

"The Tamaki could do better part.." you mumbled

Vanessa chuckled "yeah sorry just like he could! You know that riiiight? You kind of we-" Vanessa was cut off at the sudden feeling of something landing in her mouth.

It was a big beautiful butterfly. However the threatening colors on it definitely had Tamaki alarmed. "On more word and she's going in your lungs to lay eggs in them." You said coldly "that type of butterfly don't eat leaf's to grow they eat human flesh so I suggest you leave right now and stay away from me.." you glared at her.

Vanessa didn't seem to ever be scared but suddenly she looked terrified, not of the butterfly in her mouth looming but of you. She chuckled in fear and stood up getting close to you so you could get the butterfly out of her mouth, so you did so. She ran off like the true coward she is.

"Y/n.. I-I'm sorry.." Tamaki mumbled and looked at the ground guilt filling his body.

You turned the butterfly that was actually harmless back into a canvas. You shrugged at Tamaki "don't be.. I get it you were sparing with her and stuff its whatever...great to see she patched you up" you sighed trying not to cry. "Ill see you Monday.." you said and walked back to your dorm in silence...