The Pills...

My eyes shot open, I gasped for air. I quickly looked around. I was in my bed. In my house. Safe and sound. Everything seemed normal. I was still in my black dress and I was lieing down so my whole body was straight and my arms rested on my stomach.

I quickly jumped up, almost tripping over the blankets. And I looked in the mirror. Yes! My normal pale skin, two eyes, a nose, a mouth and hair! God. It felt so real. But- No. I wasn't a slender child.  Was I? Why else would I be having these dreams? And why would all these things be happening? Wait! The book. Was that just a dream too?

I quickly ran into the living room. I looked on the table in front of the couch where I last left it. Nothing. Phew. It was a dream. I let out a long sigh of relief. I looked at the clock. I was going to be late for school.

I stretched a bit and then I walked into my room. I Changed into a new outfit. I put on my 'Falling In Reverse' Shirt, along with my black jeans and finally black moccasins with red ribbons. I wasn't sure why. But I loved the colour black. Oh. And red. Red goes with everything. But just a little red though. Like one red accessory.

I ran back into the living room and I swinged my backpack over my shoulder and I darted my eyes towards all the windows before I ran out the door.

I was still really shaken up from the dream I had. But I couldn't worry about it. All of it was just a dream. Right? It didn't mean anything. I began to run down the dirt path towards the road which headed to town.

The cold air hit my cheeks like needles. I shivered. God I hated the cold. My skin was so sensitive. And it was only fall. Imagine how cold it would be in the winter.

I looked around as I slowed my pace so I was just walking instead of running. I wasn't tiered or out of breath. I just felt like walking. Even though i knew I would be late again if I did.

The pine tree's drooped towards the ground from the cold air and the lack of water, and the maple tree's had lost almost all of their now Orange, red and sometimes yellow Autumn leaves.

I sighed, and looked down at my shoes as I walked. Suddenly the wind immediately stopped blowing and the air around me got 1000 times colder. And then some mist began to move towards me. It surrounded me up to my knee's.

It felt like water from a sprinkler in the summertime was hitting my bare legs. Oh, how it annoyed me.

The atmosphere around me began to get darker, and the only light seemed to illuminate from the mist. The dirt path slowly seemed to disappear beneath my feet and it looked like I was walking on pure black road.

All that staid the same was the forest on either side of me. Well. Actually that changed too.

Instead of bright green pine needles and rough brown bark. The needles turned pur black and the tree trunk turned black too, but a somewhat lighter shade.

And instead of bright red, Orange and sometimes yellow leaves and the once again rough, brown bark. The leaves and tree trunk were black.

On both of them, the tree's looked like they were. Well. 'Bleeding' Black liquid. But the black liquid looked shiny and thick. Like oil.

I didn't really care about this, my heart beat quickened a bit but that was about it. The whole world seemed to turn like this when I was trying to remember something. Like I was having a flashback, I guess you could say.

I was trying to see if I could remember anything strange happening in my life.  Anything Slenderman related. Even though I knew I was being paranoid. And there was no way Slenderman could exist.  I'm pretty sure we would all be screwed if he was real!

 I began to remembered that my parents used to tell me that when I was younger....

They always said that when I was a kid, that I had an imaginary friend....They said that I described him to always wear a suit, be very tall, have white skin and no face.

My parents had actually got me tested to see if I was crazy because when I got older I still continued to say that I've seen him and that he was real and I would get all the symptoms of what I now know as slender sickness...

A shiver went up my spine. Oh god this was getting weird....how come I only remembered that now..? It wasn't that long ago that my parents had told me about that...

Anyways. The doctor had given me some medication to stop it all. In which it helped and my parents told me that I never talked about him again. So I guess that meant that I hadn't seen him.

Wait. I stopped taking the pill a couple days before I moved here. Maybe that's why I was having all these dreams!

I remembered that my mom had always packed some pills in my backpack in case I forgot to take them.

I looked back up from my shoes. Everything still looked the same. Black tree's bleeding black blood. Black road. A night time ambiance. A spooky thick mist.

Again I wasn't scared or freaked out or anything. Everything looked like this some time in my perspective. I guess I was just going a tad bit insane from not taking my medication.

I continued to walk as I pulled my backpack off of my shoulder and I held it in front of me. I unzipped the main part of the backpack and I rummaged through it. Nothing.

I unzipped another part of my backpack. There wasn't anything in it.

I then unzipped the little pocket on the left side and sure enough I would a small container that you would usually see pills in.

I immediately stopped walking. I took out the container of pills and I threw my backpack over my shoulder once again, without zipping up the little pocket.

I hesitated but continued to walk again as I examined the container. I didn't know why but. I was scared to take them....I didn't want to take them, even though I knew that they would most likely stop all this and everything would go back to normal.

I gulped nervously as I slowly turned the lid so it popped open. I took a deep breath as I poured two pills onto the palm of my hand. They were one of those 'Sager coated' ones I believe their called so I could take them without any water.

I closed my eyes and I was about to pop the pills into my mouth when suddenly some freezing cold hit both of my hands.

I gasped and my eyes shot open. All I could see was the two pills and the container of pills along with the lid fall to the ground.

Everything turned back to normal. The tree's turned back to normal, the mist disappeared, I was now walking back on the normal dirt path and it was nice and bright out.

I looked down at the container. All the pills spilled out of it so I couldn't have any of the pills. I blinked a couple times in shock.

W-What just happened!?!

I heard a noise. I didn't know what it was. I just heard it for a split second. My head quickly looked around for the source of the noise. And for the source of what hit my hands. I would probably get whiplash but whatever.

Suddenly I looked at the forest that was closest to me. Which was on my left.

Standing quite a distance away from me was this white thing. It was kind of oval-ish Then I noticed something else. Right below it was some kind of red thing..

My eyes widened.

....oh shat....

That white thing was his head......and that red thing was his tie...

......it was slenderman....

Before I could even breath I took off running down the dirt path..