Chapter 2: The kiss

After Peter ran off in the woods, Ivy fell down on her knees and sat there for a while just thinking about why he always got so bad when ever the topic of conversation was about the wolf or her scars. He would get mad even look sad when people talked about it but why. After a while she finally got up and followed his foot prints in the soil. The track led to a filmier path, the she remembered it was the path that she walked to grandmother, the path she was attacked on. Ivy heard a twig snap turn quickly to see Peter coming out form behind a tree. "Peter" she said with a sigh "Ivy"' he said " Look I'm sorry I brought up the wolf." "No, I should be the on apologizing i got bad and ran off. I just worry about you in the wood at night what if you get hurt again or worse that I'll wake up one morning and learned that you've died." he said walking towards her and touching her face gently. " I'll be safe. Promise." she said looking into his big brown eyes. "No. Promise me you won't go for me' he begged and brought their faces closer. "For you." she said then he kissed her and she kissed back. He kissed her like he wanted to since the first day they meant. Ivy remember it clearly it was when they were 7 and she was paying tag with her brother and ran into him and knocked them both into a puddle of mud When they broke apart he said "That was-" "Nice." Ivy finished. "I've wanted to do that for so long." he said Ivy smiled and took his hand as the walked back to the village. They go to her house and said goodbyes when she got inside her mother was cooking dinner. " Oh. Hello Ivy dear. Hello with dinner will you? peel those potatoes." she asked. At dinner her brother and his pregnant wife came over to join and her brother James wife Lily said "Ivy I was shopping today and the market and saw you and your friend peter holding hands then he kissed you goodbye. Something you liked to share." Ivy loved Lily but sometimes she just loved to gossip. "No." said Ivy turning red as a strawberry then Ivy mother gave her this look that said i know your hiding something " Everyone donr? good ill clean." Ivy said a little to quick. After she cleaned and her brother and his wife left she said goodnight to her mother. When she got to her room took out her bow and arrows her red cape with the good her hunting boots and some raw meet. She was ready for another hunt.