Chapter Seven: Anatomy of a Murder

Jisoo can feel her hands trembling and her right leg shaking out of nervousness. After witnessing another dead body, the Machiavellian was taken into interrogation. But this time, things were quit a lot more scarier. She was brought into some all-black room with no windows. And she was sitting in a chair made out of steel.

As a matter of fact, she was strapped on the chair with some weird wires attached to her forehead and hands and beside her was a weird whirring gizmo being controlled by an old man who looked like a veteran user of this machine. Lady Park entered the room with a long raven-colored dress. She had her dark handkerchief wiping her eye. "Well Miss Kim, let's start the questioning shall we?"

She sat in front of Jisoo. "I assumed you've saw the Peace Officer for psychopathy house's dead body." She started and then crossed her legs. "Don't try to lie. Not only can I tell, but I can also prove if you're telling the truth or not." She pointed at he machine. "That gadget, is a lie detector. It's better if you actually tell the truth."

Jisoo sighed and glanced at the beeping sound of the machine. "I was going to go at the Stygian Atheneum last night or library! Whatever you call it. Then I got distracted from doing so because I found a room that looks extravagant from the outside but completely damp in the inside." Jisoo grimaced, "And then I saw newspapers and stories about crimes that happened years ago."

Lady Park frowned as if she didn't know a bit about that. Jisoo frowned back . "What? You don't know too?" She asked the headmistress. "I'm suspecting, if it's possible that this school trains us using our special psyche and turns us into everlasting and successful criminals." Jisoo blurt out.

"Get back on track with our discussion, Miss Kim. How did you see Mr. Byun?" She changed the topic.

"I heard a girl's scream, so I went out of that janitor's closet and there....I saw his corpse. Fresh blood dripping out of him and a knife still standing proud and tall as if the killer wanted to let the witness know that he was murdered." The girl clicked her tongue. "You know I'm starting to wonder why the psychopaths are being slaughtered like pigs? I mean, Nazi Night already ended but what's this?"

Lady Park sighed and looked at the machine. "We're done interrogating you Miss Kim. And...a girl who's not you, screamed?" She caressed her chin. "We'll investigate further. For the meantime, you can lay low for awhile and attend the deceased's funeral. I think Mr. Byun needs a bit of respect doesn't he?" She unstrapped Jisoo from the chair.

Jisoo nodded. "I believe he does." She sighed as she stepped out of the room. She hugged herself because of the daycares she's having. The new Machiavellian girl who's witnessed two murders right in front of her face. One solved and one not. And it's bothering her. She was near the place where they got murdered and yet she couldn't do anything to save them. So she thought, if she couldn't save them, she'll just have to punish their murderer. Including the murderer of her mother and sister.

***

"May he rest forever in peace...." An old priest wholesaled the coffin with Holy Water. Jisoo was in time to see the ceremony but the burial's on Monday. Kim Jisoo couldn't focus. She couldn't even look at the deceased's picture that was placed beside the coffin. She was fed up by too much of guilt and horror.

She wiped the tears that formed her eyes. "Fake tears, huh?" A boy shadowed beside her. "You've witnessed two murders. Do you think it's still not coincidental that you might be the one who murdered our Peace Officer?" He continued to ask.

"I'm not a murderer." Jisoo glared at him. But her glare vanished when she saw the same boy who killed that narcissistic student and pulled her leg just to throw her like a garbage. "You....You're a murderer."

"I knew you've witnessed a murder that Nazi Night." He chuckled. "And I did not murder that girl." He said nonchalantly. "Even if looks like I did." 

"I'm gonna make you pay for killing her-"

"Sorry. The rules are unviable when it comes to Nazi Night. Even if I murdered the whole Machiavellian clan, they wouldn't even give me a sermon for doing so~" The psychopath said. "And how can you prove that I killed who?" He smirked. "They school doesn't disclose any information about the murderer of the murdered. If you're playing this game, I'd bet you'd lose."

"Oh I'm definitely playing this game, Taehyung or....V! Whatever they call you, boy~ And I'll find out even who killed Byun Baekhyun." She raised her eyebrow and folded her arms. "Anyway, I think I already have my prime suspect. Right. In. Front of me."  She snarled.

Taehyung snorted. "You've really got to look at the odds. I'll just give you three things for your starting point as Miss-Sherlock-Holmes~ One: You're on the hot seat right now. The psychopaths are incredibly pissed of you and are starting to suspect you as guilty of the crime. Two: Who am I really Jisoo? Taehyung or...V? Three: He told me, he killed that pesty narcissist for you." Then he walked away.

Jisoo gulped. She didn't understand and intake the things that psychopath just blurt out to her. Fact number one was obvious for Jisoo. The psychopaths were probably having the 'She-saw-it-she-killed-it' logic revolving around their stupid minds.

But the two other things he mentioned, made Jisoo completely speechless.