Chapter One: The Dark Triad

(Please Play the Music)

A light headache, blurry vision, and a shallow taste of strawberry-lemon bubblegum was all she could feel and see. She touched her forehead and eventually forced herself to have a clear vision of where she was. "Where am I?" She muttered.

"At your new school, Miss Kim." The same elegant voice answered. Jisoo finally saw the lady who was sitting in a poised position, while sipping fresh lemon-grass tea. "Tea?" She offered her fellow student.

Jisoo rudely stood up from her bed, "No thanks." She started walking around the room. Studying every detail it has. From the ceilings to the furnitures in it. "How long was I unconscious?" She asked the person with her.

"Oh maybe...seven hours and a half." The woman answered, "You sure you don't want tea? Insulin gives back effects of semi-paralysis due to it's chemical reaction with a human's body."  The headmistress glanced at Jisoo's finger, "Your index finger's numb."

Jisoo gulped. "I know." She regained her confidence against an elder who made her intimidated.

"And...you don't want to do anything with it because?" Her raven eyes met Jisoo's. Jisoo gulped.

"Because...it's none of your business! This is my finger! Not yours!" She berated.

"Suit yourself, darling." She smiled sweetly as she finished her tea. "Tea time's over!" The woman said, "Glad to meet you, dear. My name is Sandara Park, headmistress of Paragon High, and I am very pleased to inform you that you'll be studying here at Paragon High." said Lady Park as she walked out of Jisoo's room.

Jisoo just stayed put at her position. Then the headmistress went back and raised her eyebrow. "Well, come on and follow me~" She said. Jisoo sighed and followed the lady. Even if she didn't want to, she had to because she knew nothing and heard never of this place.

"Where...am I exactly?" Jisoo blurt out.

Sandara chuckled, "Somewhere away from normal people."

"I'm completely normal-"

"Tell me, is stealing normal?"

"Pretty normal for poor people like me." Jisoo shrugged and scoffed, "You're rich, so you won't understand how hard the real world is~ Besides we only steal things that are essential for our needs."

The Lady sighed, "I've seen you steal gold watches, necklaces, small, itty bitty Diamond earrings, and...so on." She smirked. "How do you call that essential?"

"I didn't steal those kinds of..things!" Jisoo shouted at the woman.

Lady Park just laughed, "Here we go again with the lies. Lies, lies, lies~ A world full of lies!" She topped and looked at the girl. "Just admit it, dear. I know every single thing about the students here~ You got nothing to hide."

Jisoo rolled her eyes, "I did! Madame!" She bumped on her and walked back to her room. She grumped and despised this place.

"Machiavellian!" The lady scolded her now. "Give me back my emerald bracelet." Lady Park said without thinking twice, "You have talent for pick-pocketing."

Jisoo clicked her tongue knowing that she got caught for her deed. "I'm not. If I were you wouldn't have noticed." She threw the bracelet to the lady and she caught it with ease. Lady Park wore the Emerald bracelet on her right wrist.

Jisoo and the headmistress continued to walk together under the heavily cemented ceilings off Paragon High. It looked like a beautiful abandoned castle. Though it really was a beautiful castle and it was not abandoned.

Jisoo cleared her throat, "How do you say I'm...qualified for this school? I've never even heard of Paragon High!" She chuckled sarcastically. "Nor have I know it's standards and requirements for a student." Jisoo continued, "I need to know if I'm really fit here." Hoping that she'd be freed if she wasn't clicking the standard ideal student this school wants.

"You don't need to know. Because...you're already here~" Dara said, "What qualifications do you need to worry about when you're qualified?" She scoffed. "What do you need to know dear student of mine?"

"Uhm..a while ago. You called me a machia- mach-" She stuttered because of her not knowing the word.

The headmistress cut her off, "Machiavellian." She corrected.

"What is that fancy word?" Jisoo asked.

Sandara smiled a little and led them both to a wall with three long pieces of cloth. One was blue, another was green, and the last one was red. "This school isn't just a regular school who teach scientific notations and mathematical estimations."

Jisoo brought out a short, hilarious laughter. "Then this isn't a school then. You've held me hostage!"

The headmistress shook her head and gave her a mischievous smirk. "People here are housed based on which persona fits them most. Have you ever heard of the Dark Triad?"

"Dark Triad?"

"Yes. The epitome of human evil." She said, "It consists of three distinct personas." Lady Park continued. "First, Narcissism." The woman went close to the long blue cloth. On the cloth were a stitched detailed border and right at the heart of the cloth, was a large crown. "People who are arrogant, boastful. People who want the crowns simply put on their head."

Jisoo gulped. As she listened carefully.

"They do the worst to get the crown of glory on themselves."  Miss Park sighed, "How..evil~"

Jisoo sighed as well and looked at the green cloth. "What's that mean?" She pointed at the stitched figure on the cloth, of a hand manipulating a puppet. "Deceiving and manipulation. Where Machiavellianism at it's best." The woman raised her eyebrow, "My house." She looked at Jisoo and took out a pin with a green cloth on it. "And your house now, as well."

She pinned it on her black leather jacket.

Jisoo looked at it, "What's this for?"

"Your type of evil dear. Let's go and treat your-"

"The red one. What's that?" Jisoo cut her off and went near the dark blood-colored cloth.

The headmistress looked at it as well, "Psychopathy. The worst of the worst." She glared at it. The cloth of thee psychopaths had a well-detailed stitch and right at the middle was a mask with no emotions on it. "They lack everything about goodness."

Jisoo snorted, "You sound like they're a big deal." She smirked at her. "What worse can they do to you?"

Headmistress raised her eyebrow. "It's your first day in this school, and you MUST take note of everything I tell you." She looked empathetic towards Jisoo for a second. "They are callous and wicked. So, don't you ever involve yourself with psychopaths."

~~

First Chapter is up once again. I'm sorry for losing my account :(