Self Hate ~Ashton

*⚠ triggering*

______

Ashton was currently sat on the toilet lid in he and Calum's shared bathroom scrolling through twitter. He shouldn't be doing it but he just couldn't help himself, scrolling down to read his hate tweets and saw some very mean ones that hurt him deep.

Once he felt he had read enough and was soon close to tears, he put his phone down and began to search for his blades in one of the drawers next to the sink. He soon found the little gray box where he kept them and took one blade out laying the box on the sink.

Cutting wasn't something he was proud of and he knew Calum would be mad at him if he found out so he made sure to be very careful not to leave any spots of blood anywhere and hide the blades somewhere he knew Calum wouldn't look.

He took the metal in his hand and sliced his wrist on his right arm a good number of times until it began to feel numb, loving the pain and moving to his left wrist making three cuts before he heard someone enter the bedroom.

"Ashton?" Calum said, placing his phone on the bed heading towards the bathroom.

Ashton was hesitant to answer. He quickly stood up, trying to hide the blades, his wrists still bleeding now staining his grey sweater. "I-I-I-I'll be out in a sec he stuttered trying to wrinse off his wrists but Calum was already trying to open the door asking Ashton if he's okay in there. Ashton soon cleaned up quickly and opened the door revealing himself to Calum while pulling down his sleeves making sure to cover up his fresh cuts from his boyfriend's sight.

Calum gave Ashton a confused look while his boyfriend looked at the ground tugging down his sleeves his face a slight shade of red.

"Ash? A-are you o-okay?," he asked as Ashton was still in the same position not daring to face his boyfriend. "What's wrong babe? Please look at me." Calum placed his index finger under Ashton's chin, slightly pulling his head up to face him. Ashton had years in his eyes and it broke Calum. He pulled him in for a hug and wiped his tears away using his thumb while Ashton sobbed in his chest saying he was sorry but Calum didn't know what for.

"What's wrong baby? Why are you crying? Please tell me," Calum begged looking his boyfriend in the eye while holding his wrists which made him wince in pain and Calum quickly grabbed his arms and pushed the sleeves back revealing various scars on Ashton's wrists. How could he have been so blind to not see that his boyfriend was hurting himself?

Tears soon began to fall from his eyes as he hugged Ashton tightly because his life did depend on it.

Ashton finally began to calm down a bit as Calum slowly helped him stand up and they walked to the medium sized bed in their shared hotel room, still with arms wrapped around each other.