II

Numb, your mind whirls as you try your best to process everything that's happening right now. But the muddled commotion from behind you along with your rapidly beating heart only makes it harder for you to concentrate. With a raised hand, you try to reach for his hand but it seems as if you're too far away, or maybe your sight is just getting a little too hazy.

Suddenly, you feel someone's heavy hand land on your shoulder.

It breaks you out of your stupor, lungs suddenly filling up with oxygen and your eyes clear, the tears flowing freely down your cheeks once again as you look up at your companion.

"Let's go, before they catch us."

~~~~~

"Are you sure that you're Manjiro's little sister? You look too pretty to be related to him." You point out, taking a seat beside the little blonde by the door of the dojo as you quickly take a swig from your bottle, perspiration rolling down your temple and neck, making stray hairs cling to your skin. You give a pointed look at Manjiro and Keisuke, the latter trying his best to force Manjiro into training with him.

Turning back to your new found friend, she only gives you a shy nod before taking a quick glance at the two boys. "Yeah, at least, that's what mum told me. She didn't really tell me anything else before she left."

Emma shuffles in her seat, moving a few inches closer to you as you offer her a few fruits that your dad prepared for you. "Here, have some, before the other two steal them." Sneakily hiding the plastic container between your small bodies, you start making small talk with Emma, curious as to how she lived before she was sent to the Sano Household.

"So, you have another brother? Must be so cool, I only have 3 older sisters. I never get to see them though since they're always busy." You reply to Emma as you hand her another piece of orange. "They're all working and studying somewhere else while my younger brother is with my grandma all the time that's why I'm always here."

Nodding, Emma starts talking again but gets cut off when Manjiro and Keisuke make their way to the two of you, their shouting causing you to aggressively turn around to shout at them, but before you even had the chance, Manjiro uses his hand to cover your mouth.

"This is my sister, her name's Emma." Manjiro tells Baji, a proud grin on his face as he watches his friend's eyes glimmer.

"Woah, that's a foreign name right?" The dark-haired male asks, his eyes shifting between the three of you. Nodding, you turn your head to Emma who seems to be a little uncomfortable with the new attention.

"Don't mind them, they're both dumb anyways, they're like Shinichi-nii." You whisper, hoping that your little comment will at least try to make her less uncomfortable. Seeing a small smile on her face, you take this as an achievement, happy that your social skills didn't fail you.

"Yeah, his hair is dumb too." Emma adds which made you let out a snort.

Turning back to the two who seemed to have thought of something, you silently watched, which made Emma copy your actions.

"Well then, my name is Edward, you can just call me Ed." Baji exclaims, a smirk on his face making the little fangs show. Snorting at the name, you're about to make fun of him but Manjiro cuts you off, a haughty look on his face as he stares at Baji.

"Really? Then call me Mikey, short for Michael."

Cringing, you let out a short chuckle while the other two started talking in broken English, both of them losing it at their own jokes which only made you laugh harder. "You two are so stupid, it's unbelievab-" You stop as soon as you heard sniffling from behind you. The other two doing the same as the three of you now watch Emma crying on the side, knees pressed to her chest as she tries her best to hide her face.