Chapter 6

Chapter 6

AVERY'S POV

"Kylie...?" I asked. "I-I'm sorry, I guess I shouldn't have came here. I won't push you to be my mate..." Kylie looked at me shocked and hurt. What did she want from me? What was she trying to say??? Before I could stand up, Kylie pressed her lips onto mine. I was still in shock but I quickly recovered from it and kissed her with all the love that I felt for this girl so she would never again doubt how much I do love her. She kissed me back and I shivered at the touch of her fingers on my face. I pulled her closer to me and pulled her onto my lap. The kiss was electric!! The best I ever had!! THIS GIRL WAS AMAZING!

We both pulled away from the kiss to breathe. We were both breathless. "Um.." Kylie blushed and hid her face in the crook of my neck. "I'm s-so sorry! I didn't mean t-t-to...k-kiss y-y-yo-you!!" she stuttered.

I sighed and cupped both sides of her face and made her look at me. "I have no clue what you want from me, Kylie. What do you want from me? Do you or don't you want to be with me?" I asked her seriously.

"Avery... I hate you for not coming to me. I hate you for making me suffer. You are my mate and you were supposed to be there for me. It hurt. The pain increased tenfold when you weren't there and doubled thinking something was wrong with me and thinking you didn't want me. I swore I would never forgive you and today when you were suffering, how could you make me suffer too by scaring me!? Avery Hunter, you have, by far, given the very worst first impression a mate can make!" I was speechless and I wanted to say something but her eyes warned me not to. "But when you came here today and looked at me with those eyes, told me you would never ever hurt me again...I was really happy. I don't trust you but I do know I have some feelings towards you and you are my...mate... I will give you a little trust so I could see if this relationship is worth going through what I have. And I still haven't forgiven you so you gotta work on that."

I smiled and kissed her with all the passion I could muster up. Kylie surprised me. She was the only girl who could make me raise my hopes, crush it to pieces and then, build it all back up... and I loved her for it. I pulled away for a second, still aching for her lips again. "Are we friends or are you saying you want to be mine officially?" I asked her.

She gave me a quick peck. "Can I think about that please? We've just discussed me giving you a second chance, please don't rush me into this, Avery..." she told me.

"Whatever you want, Kylie." She yawned and I chuckled. "Want me to carry you back to the house and let you sleep?" I asked her.

She nodded as her eyes fluttered closed and I carried her bridal style into the house. Everyone was smiling when I walked into the living room. I saw Kyle and walked over to him. "Could you take her to her room? She's sleepy." I told Kyle. I knew Kyle wouldn't let me go to her room, fearing I would take her right there and then and I would have probably done so but Kylie wanted to take things slow and I wanted her to feel comfortable so Kyle took her upstairs.

KYLE'S POV

It was really a surprise, seeing Avery carrying Kylie into the house. I thought he was going to bring her to her room, not that I wouldn't have stopped him. It surprised me that he let me do it instead. Kylie really have given him a second chance but I don't completely trust him. He hurt my sister and after their little talk outside, which I secretly overheard, I was also entitled to giving him a second chance.

"Avery...?" Kylie mumbled as her eyes fluttered open.

"No Kylie-Bear. It's Kyle." I told her, chuckling. "Sleepy?"

I opened her bedroom door and pushed it open. I placed her on her bed and tucked her under her bed covers safely. She yawned and I got up but not before she tugged on my shirt. "Kyle? Do you think I'm silly for giving him a second chance?" she asked me.