Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up the next day in the woods in wolf form and NAKED?!! I covered myself up with my hands and that's when I noticed a very dressed guy, he was good-looking and had the most familiar eyes. From his scent, I knew he was a shifter so I shifted. I took a good-look at him and saw that it was Avery. My mate-no, he had abjured me.

"Kylie?" he asked. I walked over to him and licked his cheek. Tears were appearing and he looked regretful. I wonder why I feel something for him. This wasn't supposed to happen when someone abjured you. "Kylie, I'm so sorry, angel! I can't believe I did that. I didn't really do that, did I? I want you, I still do! Please Kylie, tell me you love me again." he pleaded.

How could we still feel love for each other? I knew I love him but he had abjured me so why do I feel rejected, hurt, pained, sad and angry with him but at the same time, glad and happy he still wants me?? He took off his shirt and draped it over to me and turned around. I shifted and wore his shirt. "Avery?" I asked.

He quickly turned around and kissed me with all the burning passion he could muster up. I kissed back, not wanting him to let me go or make me feel that overwhelming feeling of loss again. His lips were as kissable as I remembered them to be. We pulled apart for air and I whimpered, not wanting him to pull away. "Kylie? Do you still remember me, angel?" he asked.

I nodded and kissed him lightly on his lips. "Um-hmm, Avery? Please don't reject me again. I love you." I cried. I cried my eyes out and until I could no longer muster up any tears.

"I love you too, angel." he said, kissing my forehead and saying reassuring words. By the time, I calmed down, Avery was already carrying me, bridal style, to the pack house where everyone was searching for us. Everyone was worried but I didn't care at the moment, I just wanted Avery to tell me he loves me over and over again. I was still hurting and self-conscious when he abjured me. Confusion swelled inside me when I couldn't figure out why I still loved Avery and he still loved me.

Avery carried me to my room and laid me onto the bed. He sat next to me and I couldn't sleep, fearing I'd lose him again. "I love you." he muttered, kissing me again.

"I love you too." I told him.

"Kylie... I never wanted to abjure you. I swear I never planned it and I never even thought about it. You deserved better and I wanted tell you the truth and have you reject me yourself because I thought I should be the one to feel the pain, not you. I love you, Kylie. I don't want you to leave me."

"What truth?" I asked him.

"Kylie... you promised not to run."

"Yes, I promised I would listen so tell me."

""I'm engaged and about to marry my fiancée in a week's time. BUT I swear to you that I will break the engagement! I love you and only you. I thought I found you, my mate, in her but I didn't. I love you, Kylie.."

Shocked and angry at the same time, I slapped him in the face. "You stupid ass! You better break the engagement because I will not fight some hussy over you!!!" I screamed at him. I gave him a angry look which then turned to a teasing smirk as he realized my words.

"Did you mean-you???" he trailed off and looked at me happily.

"Yes, Ave-baby. Another chance but you have to earn my apology for trying to abjure me. And yes, we are OFFICIALLY together. Go and break the engagement first before you kiss me. I will not kiss and engaged man! I REFUSE TO!"

He grinned mischievously. "Ah, but you already kissed this engaged man."

"Just go before I change my mind, Avery." I said, blushing.