Chapter 14

I sat on the couch, where I had just only hours ago been balling due to the death of my parents. Ben and I's hands were held tight by each other. An officer sat in front of us, a pen and notebook in hand.

"So from what I understand, you two are Mr and Mrs Hemmings' children, correct?" The officer asks us, breaking the deathly silence.

"Yes but, we have two other siblings, Jack and Luke Hemmings. Jack just left a few hours ago for a vacation with his wife, he left his three kids with Shay. Luke, well he's on tour with his band. They're not gonna be be back until February." Ben explains to the officer. We had agreed he'd do all the talking, seeing I couldn't get a word to cross my lips without breaking into tears.

The officer writes something down on his notebook, "Mhm, I see. Now do you know of anyone that could've have had a bad relationship with either of your parents?"

Ben and I exchange looks as if we were communicating telepathically. We look back to the officer. "No. Not that we know of at least." Ben answers. The officer once again nods his head and jots something down in his notebook. He looks up from his notebook and brings his attention to me.

"Ma'ma, you're quite young to be having a baby aren't you?" He asks me.

"18, but what does that have anything to do with it?" I ask him, a little taken back by his comment.

"Is the father of the child around?" he asks me. He thinks Calum did it. Of course they blame a family member, this always happens.

"No. He's apart of Luke's band. They've been on tour since July, none of them did this. Our mother was one of their biggest supporters." I answer.

"Okay, what about you two? Was their anyone that could be jealous of your fame? Or maybe a relationship gone bad and maybe this is their revenge?" He says, placing his notepad on his lap.

Once more, Ben and I exchange looks. We look away from each other's eyes after a few seconds. I tried thinking back to when I was little. There had to be someone.

Flash Back

My eyes stood glued in one direction as bright colors danced around the TV screen. My feet, although I was 15, swung back and forth as I forked pancakes into my mouth. Luke sat next to me  sipping  his beverage, his feet perfectly on the ground.

My phone repeatably vibrated seeing I wasn't answering Michael's texts to piss him off. It's always funny when he's mad. I finally decided to pick up my phone and reply to his 20- yes 20- text messages.

Hey, good morning. I send to him. Seconds later I get a reply from him. 

Heeeey Babe xx -Michael  

What do you want?- Shaylee 

Cuddle? - Michael 

Well I guess you're just gonna have to come over if that's what you want- Shaylee 

Getting shoes on now, b there in a min - Michael 

Lol, okay. See ya.