Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

"What should we do today, what should we do today? What shall we do today? What shall we do?" I sang as I cleaned up the lads' breakfast dishes. I have that kind of voice that isn't good enough for a recording contract, but not horrible either. People could listen without complaining.

"Are you actually wondering, or have you been watching Pipi Longstockings lately?" Liam teased. I gave the boy a shrug, and tossed everything into the dishwasher.

"Maybe we should go swimming," I said, "There's a pool downstairs."

"I'm sure the lads would be into that," Liam nodded, "I'll ask them. Just give me a minute."

I nodded with a small yawn, and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I had gone to my bloody early classes this morning, but took a nap when I got home. When I woke up from my nap, the lads woke up from their sleep, and we a decided to hang out today.

Liam came back a few seconds later with a smile on his face, "The lads would love to go swimming."

"Did you ask Harry?" I questioned suspiciously. Liam frowned and the subject, and I knew he disapproved. I had decided not to tell him about Harry and I's conversation that night. Harry will talk to him when he's ready, just like he talked to me. But until he does, Liam has no idea, and has been trying to convince me to just let the boy do his own thing.

"No, Izzy. I didn't ask Harry," he recited.

"That's alright. I'll do it when I go upstairs," I said, and Liam let out a frustrated sigh. I knew, as soon as I'd heard that, a lecture was coming.

"Izzy, you're one of my best friends, and I get it. Harry's good-looking. But you have to let it go. He's not going to talk. You should just give up; that's what the rest of us had to do."

"But what if you're wrong?" I questioned, "What if I'm actually doing good, and every time I invite him to join us, he's feeling a bit better? What if the time I DO listen to you, is the time he would have said yes? He's been here two weeks and has barely left the bedroom. He needs to know he has a choice."

Liam looked taken aback by my words, but his shoulders soon sagged, "Try if you have to, but I'm telling you, he won't agree to come."

I just shrugged, not caring if he was right or wrong, but secretly hoping for the latter. I'm going to try, even if I'm rejected again, it's always worth a try.

I went to put on my bathing suit first, shutting the door behind me. I grabbed a brown bikini and slipped if on, before grabbing my pool key and a towel, and heading back out. I knocked on Harry's door, "We're going swimming! Would you like to join?"

As Liam had predicted, there was no answer. I let out a groan and spun around on my heels, walking back downstairs.

"He's not coming," I said, and Liam gave me a knowing look. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder in a friendly way, and was about to say something when I quickly added, "No word from you, Payne."

A chuckle escaped Liam's lips, and I lead the boys down the stairs to the pool entrance. I unlocked the door, and the lads walked in, jumping into the pool immediately. I sat down on one of the pool chairs, and watched as the boys dragged Zayn into the water.

"You coming, Izzy?" Liam called, but I shook my head.

"I'm okay here," I told him, and he shrugged.

I put my headphones over my ears and started playing a song by The Fray. I got comfortable on the deck chair, leaning back with my knees up. My eyes were closed as my Favorite Songs playlist played through. About an hour went by; my shuffle finally returning to the first song. I felt someone sit down in the chair beside me, and I smirked, keeping my eyes closed.