Chapter 6:

Chapter 6

On our merry way to Niall’s room, we joked a few times and remembered when we would have died to live with One Direction. Now it seems normal, it’s not a big deal. Just two regular girls at ages 20 and 18; I’m younger, of course.  Cynthia was always the older, more mature one.

And I love her. She’s my sister I never had; because I’m an only child.

“You really are the best,” I said, smiling and watching my feet. “Aw you’re sweet.” She chuckled and we reached Niall’s room. Hands full, we looked at each other for help. How are we going to knock or open the door? I smiled really big and stood there, confused. Luckily for us, Niall opened the door. And I could help from bursting out in laughter.

He had a rose in his mouth, a Spanish pose, and he was smiling. Once he saw the look on our faces he dropped the rose and rolled on the floor in ultimate humor.

“Niall…” Cindy breathed, lightly amused. Niall wiped a few tears, rolled some more, and then stood up to face us. Noticing our discomfort, he pulled on a shirt and then took my tray and went to go set it down.

After he came back, he grabbed Cindy’s and smiled at us. “Thanks, and sorry for bugging you so much…” He said and glanced at Cindy. She remained emotionless. “No problem!” I smiled and then started turning away, waiting for Cindy. She turned with me, and Niall closed his door. “What’s wrong?” I asked once we were out of hearing range. “Nothing…” She smiled, I could tell it was faked, but, I chose not to say anything.

            My watch alerted me our shift was over for the night, and we should head to bed. Of course, we could just hang out, but really it was up to Cindy. “What now?” I asked, standing around. Before she could answer, familiar voices spoke up, on the couch.

Sure, I was eavesdropping, but, that’s okay; Right?

“You’re so cute…” A voice similar to Zayn’s mumbled.

“Thank you. I know. I think the same about you” It was a gushy, sexy tone used by Liam. I didn’t want to know why they were saying that. Cindy looked like she might die.

“Zayn, Liam?” She asked, peering over to the couch. They quickly scooted away from each other and used the “I’m-so-cool” poses. Zayn smiled back at us and he motioned for us to come over. Cindy nodded and I followed, straining to forget. Forget it all, like he said.

            We walked over and they had open seats next to them, which they cleared and smoothed over for us. Yuck. Zayn watched Cindy and patted a seat next to him, which basically left me standing in front of them, completely lost. “Uh, should, should I go?” I noticed Cindy’s reaction when Zayn pulled her closer, a total snuggling act.

Liam looked like he was going to scoot over, but instead Zayn was the one to make room. As he scooted over to the end of the couch, Cindy looked a little hurt. “Uh… Zayn?” She asked. I sat down anyway, and left my hands in my lap and my legs crossed. There wasn’t any way I would snuggle with them, not now.

Not after Zayn.

“So…” Zayn said, clearing his throat and wrapping his arm around Cindy once more. “You girls want to go to a party with us?” Cindy smiled. “Sure!” She looked at me for an answer and all I could do was nod. I had to be a good sport. Zayn leaned behind Cindy and he looked over at Liam, a very secretive move, I thought.

Cynthia Jose

          After Lucy nodded I decided I was thrilled. I sat up and grabbed Lucy’s hand. “Let’s go get ready!” I sang. She got up and I pulled her along with me. This is great, going to a party with Zayn and Liam. It’d get my mind off of everything, and Louis.

We got to our room and we closed and locked the door behind us. I ran to my dresser and pulled out my favorite short black strapless dress and matching heels.

Lucy went to her dresser and pulled out a sparkly blue dress, and her heels that were blue and were lined with tan at the sole. It all brought out her eyes.

We put on our clothing and we fixed our make-up to match. Then we headed out of our room. I lingered outside of the door. “Cindy, what’s wrong? Why aren’t you happy?” Lucy asked, touching my arm. “I’m fine, just. It’s Louis.” I finally admitted. Lucy shook her head. “Harry warned me about this. He said Louis was… confused.”  I raised an eyebrow and sighed. “Oh well. I mean, I guess I could confront him…” Lucy smiled a little. “I think that’s a great idea. You should definitely talk to him about it.” She held my hand and smiled at me. This gave me some courage, and I decided I could confront him. 

I mean, just because he may be with her now, doesn't mean- Cindy, stop. You CANNOT start comparing yourself to her right now. Jeez, I can't believe I almost did that. I shook my head, glad to clear my head from those... Those.... Nasty thoughts. Im not even sure why they passes through, but, hey, things happnen.

As Lucy opened the door, I suddenly regret ever actcually getting dressed up and heading out. Because, there they were. WOOHOO. This should be fun. I glared at Louis and Eleanor as me and Lucy stepped out. I had a sudden urge to push someone down the stairs. This was getting rediculous. I hope he knows how much this makes me mad. Could I show him? Nah, maybe not. Or I could, just to make that pig he's standing next to feel jealous. Ugh. I need to stop this.

 Lucy must've seen them too. I stormed away, right after taking off both of my heels and trying not to cry. "Cindy!!" She called after me. I didn't care. She was too late.