Chapter 5:

Lucy Alan

Harry ran up to me and hugged me tightly, and I had to wiggle out of his grip. “Harry? What’s wrong?” I looked him dead in the eyes and showed no emotion. “Is... Is it true?” He stuttered, looked scared. All at once I know what he meant. He found out about what Zayn did.

I had to lie. “Is what true?” I stuck my tongue out, when really I wanted to cut it off. I hated lying, no matter for what or to who. Harry looked a little relieved.

“I heard from a little bird, Zayn and you...You had a little “fun” in his room.” He looked down at his hands and then held mine. I put on a face to what I expected to be confused. “What? That’s definitely not true.”

He smiled and sighed, and then he closed his eyes as he whispered. “Thank goodness. I thought… I mean, I was sure we had something special. I would never want that ruined. I had to find out before taking action, you know?”

He gazed back into my eyes, and along with that I was sure he spotted to horrible growing guilt I had hidden.

I wanted to burst into tears and cry and tell him the truth. But I knew, he probably wouldn’t understand. And he’s right.

I don’t want this specialness between us ruined.

He smiled at me and then admired my face. “You sure do look pretty with that eyeliner.” I glanced at the mirror. It did look good; I carefully put it on thin, so it wasn’t too much. We put our foreheads together and closed our eyes. I sighed and held his hands tighter.

He lifted a hand and caressed my arm so gently it made me shiver. “Are you cold?” He asked. And before I could reject he pulled me to him and held me tightly, warming me down to the core, petting my hair and securing around my waist with his strong arm.

            I love these moments, where we can stand here, all alone; just together. He makes me feel safe when he wraps his arms around my waist, makes me feel beautiful when he plays with my hair.

I just love him so much; I hope he feels the same, because I want this to last forever.

Cynthia Jose

            I walked down the stairs towards the kitchen, thinking everything through.

could forgive Louis, but I’m not sure he deserves it. I shook out all my thoughts and pushed opened the heavy doors. It was empty; as usual. The only guy who knew how to cook -basically- was Harry, but he barely came in here.

            I typed in Niall’s room number and called him from my receiver.

It rang a few times. And then I heard the familiar static from answering calls.

“Hello?” He answered. “Hey,” I said, taking out my notebook. “You wanted an order earlier, but Lucy was busy. So I’m here now. What’ll you have?” I smiled. He thought this over a bit, and then cleared his throat.

“It’s a special order, really. I’ll need you to come over. Okay?” He paused.

“Oh. Alright, I’ll be over in just a second.” I spoke quickly before he cut off and put my notebook back in my breast pocket. I pushed through the heavy doors yet again and turned left towards Niall’s room.

I stopped before it and knocked twice. A few seconds ticked by and then a shirtless Niall opened the door.

Avoiding any unnecessary staring, I smiled. “Okay, special?” I asked and held my breath. “…Yeah.” He exhaled. “Come on in.” He motioned for me in and as I stepped in he shut the door behind me. He clapped his hands together and walked over to lie on his bed. “Wanna lie down with me?” He smiled.

“Why not?” I stepped over to him and carefully lied next to him. His body heat was soothing, but it was a little uncomfortable. I wasn’t sure I should be here right now.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pulled me in closer, nestling me on his bare chest, and played with my long black hair.

“Niall I-..” I didn’t know what to say or how to refuse. “I can’t do this right now.” I said and I looked at him. He seemed disappointed. “You mean… You… don’t want this?” He motioned between us.

“N-No…” I meant to be serious, but it sounded like a question.

“I… I understand.” He sighed and removed his arms, and scooted backwards; taking his heat with him. “I’m sorry.” He tried smiling and looked up at me. I smiled back.

“It’s alright.” I stood up, brushed myself off and looked at him for a while. He rolled off the bed and opened the door for me. I went out and he closed it without another word.

Guys here do that a lot… Closing doors and not saying goodbye. I sighed and walked to the hallway. I leaned against the wall, unsure of what to do.

Lucy Alan

Harry left a little while ago, and I felt more alone than ever. He came in, swept me off my feet –quite literally- and then left. I know we live in the same house, but why do I feel so sad? I could march down to his room right now. But, I choose not to.

I really don’t know what my emotions are. I know I love him, and I know he is the only one in this house I want. But it feels too easy. I shake any remaining thoughts out of my head and get up from my bed. I sigh and roll on my heels, swinging my arms back and forth.

            Now what?

I decide to go look for Cindy. I slip on my black Mary-Jane’s and walked to the door, I counted to ten before opening it, then I stepped out. The hallway was empty, like usual. I wondered what was in all these surrounding doors. There had to be at least four or five others. But no one lived in them, so I quickly forgot and headed towards the staircase.

No one else seemed to be downstairs, either.

But I kept on moving and took my time. I counted my heart beats. Thump…Thump… Thump…

And then I walked away from the ending stair, and headed towards the bed rooms. That’s where I saw Cindy, alone, sitting against a wall. She looked up at me and smiled.

“Hey.” She said. I smiled back, happy to find someone to talk to.

“Hello there, beautiful.” I responded. And with a smile I sat down next to her. She smiled back and chuckled. “So,” I said, breathing again. “What’s up?”

“Oh… Not much.” She looked at my feet and then back at her hands. “Okay…” I trailed off, biting my lip. “Uh…” I had no words, so why bother trying to speak? I shut my mouth and chewed on my lip some more.

Our receivers rang at the same time, as did we answer at the same time. “Hello?” We tried not to laugh at the unison of our voices. “Uh… Hi.” Niall said, noticing the feedback. His voice echoed out of both of our receivers. How did he do that?

“What’s up?” I asked, staring at Cindy, smiling broadly. “I want cookies!” He said jokingly. We both smiled at the always-hungry Niall. “One or two, and will that be small or large?” Cindy asked, rolling her eyes.

I smiled in return and chuckled quietly. He paused long enough to listen to my chuckle and then replied, “Two large trays, okay?” I could hear the smile in his voice. “Alright,” Cindy breathed. “We’ll be in soon.” She shut her receiver off and I did the same.

I tried not laughing as Cindy glanced at me. She smiled and then she laughed and held her stomach, I bit my lip and did the same. I had no idea why were laughing, we were just laughing to laugh. It was fun, hanging out together and laughing about nothing.

After a short time of wiping away tears and sighing, we moved on to the kitchen. I grabbed us each a large rectangle shaped silver tray from the cabinet, and set them on the marble counter.

She was already kneading the dough, so this was my time to prep the trays. I spread some butter from the fridge on the trays –its better when it’s not artificial- and then washed my hands.

I switched on the oven and we put in the cookies, and we were still smiling like total dorks.