Chapter 3:

Cynthia Jose

I opened my eyes and blinked once or twice to clear the blur. I focused on a pair of beautiful blue eyes looking down on me. I smiled when I realized it was Louis, holding me in his arms again.

“Good, you’re awake.” He smiled and hugged me. I was lying down in his arms, and he was crouched on the ground. He was so warm, so comfortable. He smelled nice, too. “Are you okay?” He asked, tilting his head and his smile broadening.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.” I smiled and reminded myself to breathe. Am I dreaming? This is too wonderful… Louis stood me up and I felt him take hold of my waist.

He walked me to the other lads and we started talking.

“So,” Niall said, “Who gets who?”

Who gets…who? What?

Lucy looked just as confused as I did.

Harry sighed and hugged Lucy tighter as he said very seriously, “This one’s mine, if you got a problem with that then come and talk with me.”

A few of them looked disappointed, except for Louis. He held my hand and then he spoke up.

“I think we should keep it like this, I get Cindy, Harry gets Lucy and then it’s equal, Sort-of.”

Zayn groaned. “Equal, really? Come on now.”

Niall chimed in again. “I think we should settle this over food, yeah?”

Liam nodded and said “I agree, let’s not fight. They aren’t toys, they’re women.”

Everyone seemed to glare at Liam for his remark, but Harry nodded. Louis pulled on my arm and turned away. “This is stupid. C’mon Cindy, let’s go.” Louis sighed and went to go sit down with me.

The rest of the lads turned their heads towards Lucy, but Harry glared as he turned away and went outside, Lucy in his arms.

I sat next to Louis, cuddling him. I let my head rest on his shoulder and held his hands. “So,” I said casually. “What was all that about? ‘Who gets who?’” I looked up into his eyes.

He sighed and smiled. “We’re deciding who gets to have each of you. We decided I get to keep you,” He brushed a strand of my hair away and continued. “And Harry gets Lucy.”

“Wait, what? You can’t just decide on that! We get to choose, right?” I said, sitting up. This just wasn’t fair; I had to do something about it. “And besides, you’re the one who decided it. Not them!” My eyebrows came together.

He looked slightly disturbed. “Wait, you don’t want to be with me?” He asked. I removed my hands from his and gathered myself together.

Taking a deep breath I began. “Well, I do.  But not by force or anything, I mean, shouldn’t we take some time to get to know each other? Isn’t that the normal way? Oh and what about Eleanor? She is your girlfriend.” I shook my head.

He only sat there and seemed to be collecting his thoughts, as he bit his bottom lip, he looked away. I could tell he didn’t want to argue. And he knew I was right. I was right, I mean. It’s not right to force us into it like that. We do have freedom.

“Okay,” He cleared his throat and sighed. “You’re right. Don’t be angry with me for my stupidity, okay? I won’t force you. Take your time, Cindy.” He finally met my eyes and smiled. “We’re over. I dumped her. But, she still lives here.”

He sounded a little guilty when he said the last sentence. But I knew he was doing his best.

He really meant it.

“Okay. Thank you so much. You really have no idea how important that actually is to know.” I smiled back then looked at my hands, unsure of how to react or what to say.

“You’re welcome.” He said and lifted up my chin. “Keep your head up, alright? Things will get better. I promise.” He smiled and he leaned closer. Just as we were close enough to where I could smell his breath, feel the tip of his nose, Harry walked in, interrupting us.

“Louis, we need to talk.” He said, arms crossed, lips in a straight line. Louis nodded and stood up, not bothering to look at me or wave.

I guess it’s important.

                                                Louis Tomlinson

Completely annoyed, I walked towards Harry. Couldn’t he have just waited to give me another talk? They came so often. Really, I’m not a child.

“What is it this time ‘round, Harry?” I sighed. Harry gave me a sideways glance and motioned for me to walk out the door.

I did as told, and then swung around to face him. “Okay, you got me out of the room, now what is it?” I put my hands on my hips. Harry just stared at me, and I know what he meant.

I sighed heavily and leaned against a wall.

“You can’t just forget her. She lives with us.” He said calmly. “I’m sorry, but you either get rid of her, or get rid of Cindy.” Harry sounded sincere, and then he patted my shoulder and walked off, stuffing his hands in his pockets and hanging his head.

            He’s right; I did have to make a decision. I couldn’t keep that away forever.

That’s why I’d tell her right now. Tell her to leave, stay away from me.

            That’ll help me and Cindy. We can finally be together.

It’s the perfect plan. I smile at my confidence and walk towards the door to the rooms. And I see her.

Eleanor.