Chapter 14

A/n: Don't start the song now wait until I tell you to loves<3

It was almost six o'clock in the evening and the common room was almost ready to host Remus' birthday party. Marlene, Mary and Lily had gone to the kitchens to bring snacks while James with Sirius had gone through the secret passage to Hogsmead to bring firewhisky and other alcohol drinks. Peter was putting decorations in the common room and Helena was setting up the record player ans some vinyls her parents had gotten her for Christmas, when Remus sat in a near sofa and opened his book.
"Remus, no! You're supposed to stay in your room and wait 'til everything is ready!"
"But I was bored! Oh come on El... Please let me stay here, I promise I won't bother you!" He begged
"Uh alright... Peter go outside the common room and wait until you see James with Sirius walking towards the entrance, then let us know so Remus can go up again." Helena ordered Peter and so the boy did. Remus started reading the book Helena had bought him for his birthday and he seemed to enjoy it already.
"So, do you like Oliver Twist ?" The girl asked as she put a vinyl in the record player to test the sound.
"Yeah I love it thank you!" He responded happily

*start the song now*

It was Barbra Streisand's The Way We Are, a song Helena loved and that's why she didn't stop it, but let it play. A hand touched her shoulder and she turned around. Remus had put his book down and was standing in front of her...
"Wanna dance?" He asked softly
"Why not?" Helena answered with a smirk while Remus took her hand and placed it in his shoulder. Helena then put the other hand on his other shoulder as he placed his arms in her waist. They didn't make eye contact at first, they were too shy to do so. They started dancing slowly in the rhythm of the music, dancing like noone was there, dancing while looking now at each other... Their faces where inches apart, she could feel his breath, she could smell his scent... This wonderful scent he had, it was so unique. She wanted to kiss him, to feel his lips... She wanted to, but she couldn't... Something held her back, she didn't know what though... They kept dancing and then Helena rested her head in his chest as they where were swirling around the room... She felt like she was in heaven, she didn't want the song to end...

"Helena, Remus! James and Sirius are almost here!" Shouted Peter as he busted into the room interrupting the moment. The two of them stopped dancing immediately, and you could see the disappointment in their faces.
"I-I have to go..."
"Yeah, um, sure..." the girl mumbled
Remus took his book and ran upstairs as Helena stopped the song and put the vinyl back into its case, just in time, because James, Sirius and the girls entered the common room.
"We brought alcohol y'all!!" The boys yelled
"And we brought the snacks!" The girls Cheered
"Yay..." Helena said and helped her friends to organize everything in a nearby table.
"Okay, we have half an hour left before the party starts to get ready" stated Mary and made a signal for the girls to follow her in their dormitory.

The group of friends entered their dorm and started getting ready. Mary decided to do her makeup first, then Marlene and finally Lily with Helena, the second girl had a bit trouble with doing her makeup alone so her best friend would help her do it.

The outfit:

The party has started. Loud music was playing in the record player, lots of teenage wizards and witches dancing in the center of the room. Helena was in charge for the music, Sirius was dancing while drunk and James was making sure everyone was safe and sound. Helena was drinking some wine when Peter came to her.
"Hey Vix"
"Oh hi Peter. Is there any song you'd like me to play?"
"Well, actually, I wanted you to help me ask this girl over there to dance with me. Is there any chance you have any slow songs?"
"Of course I have Wormy! A good DJ has always slow songs too! Okay, hear me out. Youll go near her and when I put a vinyl on the record player, I'll wink at you so that you can go ask her"
"I think I got this. But what will I tell her? And do you think she will say yes?"
"Peter, everything's gonna be fine. Just go and say: "Hi, you look beautiful and I was wondering if you'd like to dance with me". She'll definitely day yes!"
"Oh thank you so much! You're the best!" The boy said and hugged his friend before he left to go near the girl. Helena put the vinyl on and before she started the song she winked at Peter. Soon, he and the girl were dancing together along with a lot of other Gryffindors.

"Oi Vix!"
"Oh hello dear Prongs, how can I help you?"
"I went to the toilet and when I came back Sirius was missing."
"He did not!" Joked the girl
"Yes he did! Anyway, I searched everywhere in the castle and I think my legs are gonna break. Can you keep searching please? I'll be in charge for the music now"
"Yeah okay James, I'll go. But please keep an eye on the girls, don't let them drink too much!" Shouted the girl while walking away. She tried to spot the girls one last time before she went to search her friend when she bummed into someone.
"Oh I'm sorry, excuse me" Helena said without recognizing at first the person and tried to walk away
"Aren't you gonna say a hi or are you enjoying the party?" Joked Remus
Helena stopped and turned around kind of surprised.
"Oh Merlin, I'm sorry Remus didn't recognize you at first. In trying to spot the girls and then I'm gonna go search for Sirius, James cannot find him"
"Well, the Mary and Marlene are over there flirting with these boys, see? And over there is Lily -oop!- making out with George Stiller"
"Sometimes I wish I had your height." Laughed Helena "Would you like to come with me to find Sirius?"
"Yeah okay. I don't have anything better to do here anyway"