Chapter 12

Helena's pov

Two whole months had passed since Christmas Ball and tomorrow is Remus' birthday (March 10). After everything that had happened that day, Remus' attitude towards me had completely changed. Now he is even more protective over me and finds everyday something new to compliment me for. Yeah, at first he was embarrassed, so was I, but after a couple of days we went back to normal. Well, kind of... Yesterday for example, he told me that I was very beautiful, although I had just wake up and was like a monster ready to kill you. I start to believe that he likes me but he's too scared to make a move. Only time will tell...

Today we are going to visit Hogsmead once more and that gives me the time to go on a bookshop and buy Remus a present. I woke up at 7.30 and went for a bath. After I had brushed my teeth, I put on some flare jeans and a cute top, grabbed a bag that was big enough to put the present into so that Remus wouldn't see it and walked down the stairs to meet with the boys.

"Goodmorning Vixen!" Exclaimed James
"Hello Prongs! Did you sleep well?"
"Not really. I had a nightmare that Lily was chasing me to kill me and was wearing a clown costume and I couldn't run fast and she caught me and then... I woke up."
"Wait really?!" I spoke and started laughing loudly
"Yes! Why do you laugh?! It isn't funny at all! I was terrified when I woke up!"
"Prongs... You are... An idiot..." I tried to say while I was laughing my ass off

"Good morning Prongs!" stated Remus that had just arrived in the common room not noticing me at first
"Hello Moo-"
"Oh hello El, didn't notice you at first. How are you?"
"I'm excited about the trip! How about you?" I answered
"Um, well I guess. I really like your outfit today by the way, you look really nice" he complimented me and turned red
"Thank you! You look really nice too" I answered giving him a smile
"OI! Did you forget that I'm right here?!" Joked James
"Oops sorry prongs..." I responded "Come on, let's go have some breakfast I'm starving." I acknowledged
"Without Wormtail and Padfoot?" Asked Remus
"You're such idiots! While you and Vix were chatting me and Wormtail greeted
Prongs and we were waiting for you to finish your conversation" explained Sirius and I felt so embarrassed that I hadn't notice them.

*****

3rd person's pov

The marauders were now at Zonko's Joke Shop, trying to find the perfect prank for Filch. They were stuck between Dungbombs and nose-biting teacups.

"Okay, who votes Dumgbombs?" Helena requested and her, Sirius and Remus raised their hands "Three marauders out of five raised their hands so we will buy Dungbombs." Cheered the girl
"Noo! I tell you, the nose-biting teacups will be more fun!" Insisted James
"The majority wants dungbombs so we cannot do anything. Maybe next time Prongs" spoke Sirius with a smirk
"Nevermind..." said James finally giving up
"Okay. Next stop: Honeydukes!" Chimed Peter
"Guys, you have to go without me. I have to go somewhere with Lily" stated Helena
"Alright. See you in an hour outside the Hogsmead Post Office!" Shouted Remus as they left
"Dont forget to buy me a pumpkin pastie and two chocolate frogs!" She shouted back so they could hear her

When she saw that the boys entered Honeydukes she started running to the bookstore Hogsmead had. Helena wanted to find and buy Remus a muggle book called Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. It was Helena's favorite book when she was a little girl and she wanted Remus to have a book that every time he reads it, he would think of her. She was sure he would like it. Besides, this wasn't the only gift she would give him. Her and the Marauders were trying since 3rd year to find how to become animagus and now they had finally managed to be one. When they first told him about the idea Remus protested that they shouldn't do it and that it was hella dangerous. Well, danger and Marauders go together so they didn't give a fuck about it. After years of research and trying, they could finally be called unregistered animagus'.

Helena walked into the bookstore and she was once more amazed by it. The old bookshelfs and hundreds of books that were waiting for the people to buy them, the feeling of calmness and safety the building gave you -this-, this is the place Helena wanted to spend all day looking for books.

"Can I help you dear?" Asked the woman that worked there
"Yes please. Do you have the book Oliver Twist ?"
"Let me see..." said the woman and went to the section where muggle books where. She came back some minutes later holding a book in her hands.
"Is this the book you're looking for?" She asked with a calming voice unlike the one of the librarian's at Hogwarts Library.
"Yes, this is it. Thank you so much for helping me."
"Your welcome dear. Is it for a gift?"
"Yes" Helena said and the woman wrapped the book with a golden wrapping paper.
"It costs 5 galleons" she said and the girl gave her the money "Thank you dear. Have a nice day!"
"You too" the girl answered and she put the present inside her bag as she left the store.

Helena left the bookstore and headed towards the Hogwarts Post Office where she and the rest of the Marauders would meet. She was the first one that arrived, so she entered the post office to sent her parents two Christmas cards she had made all by herself. As she exited the building she spotted her friends, all waiting for her.

"Where have you been Vix? We've been waiting for you for over an hour!" Said Sirius with crossed arms
"Pads, sweetie, you're here only five minutes. I saw you when you arrived from inside the post office. I was the one that arrived here earlier." Explained Helena
"Uh fine... Let's go to the three broomsticks to have some butterbeer or I will turn into an ice column!" Called Sirius and they nodded in agreement.

After a lot of butterbeers, laughs and a fight between -who else- Lily and James, they all went back to the castle and yhen straight to their beds to charge their batteries because tomorrow it was a very special day for all of them.