Chapter 11 - Lord Stanley

This year's Stanley Cup Finals took off in Pittsburgh on their home rink, and even though both teams played hard and physical, the Penguins were able to win the first game against the Calgary Flames in the shootout, and Fleury had been playing brilliantly the whole game, making him the star of the team for saving them. Brooke was once again on her usual position next to the Coach, and she cheered for Fleury when he was announced as the MVP of the game, following everyone back to the locker room afterwards. Coach Johnston held a speech about how this was just the beginning, and that they needed to continue like this to win the Stanley Cup. It wasn't easy though, and Brooke knew how hard everyone was fighting for their dream, as she saw it in all the bruises and tense muscles she had to take care off. Nonetheless, the guys were in an extremely good mood all the time, joking around with each other and just enjoying their Playoff-time, until the Flames won the next two games, bringing them back to the ground.

"All right, we can still win this thing," Sid told everyone before the start of game four, and Brooke hugged everyone, telling them that she - and all of their fans - still believed in them. The guys played very good that evening in Calgary, and even though the other team surely had more fans in the building, the atmosphere was really great. Sid scored a goal in the second period, putting the Penguins for the lead, and when the game ended with that score as well, everyone was relieved. It was 2 - 2 now and the Final could either end at game six or go on to the famous last game. Game five was back at home again, and then Pens were able to win this one in overtime, thanks to a extremely good save from Fleury, and when Letang scored the goal for them, everyone was shouting in joy. Always travelling from one place to another did take a toll on the players, and Sid and Brooke didn't spend that much time together during this period, because usually both of them were too tired to do anything else than sleep. Game 6 was violent, to say the least. Both teams wanted to win, the Penguins to win the Cup and the Flames to make it to game seven. All of them fought hard, but in the middle of the last period, it was 3 - 3, and nothing was really working anymore. Suddenly, Chris Kunitz got into a fight with a Calgary player, and they both got sent off the ice. Brooke noticed Chris bleeding from a cut over his eye and led him to the locker room, where she cleaned it up carefully. Right when she wanted to disinfect the cut, Chris jumped up, making her hit his eye on accident. "Ouch. Shit!" he cursed and Brooke stared at the little display, where she could see everyone jumping onto a Flames forward as he had scored a goal, before turning to look at Chris again. "Your own fault, you shouldn't just have jumped up. Now come on, let me finish cleaning this," she stated and Chris sat down again and let her finish her work. The Flames won 4 to 3, extending the Finals to the last game back in Pittsburgh, and Brooke spent the night before the final game over at Sid's, trying - and succeeding - to distract him from worrying to much. "I've never had sex in the shower before, but I kind of like it," she stated after they had gone another round on the bed and Sid just laughed quietly and pulled her onto him. "Yeah, I liked it too. But now we should sleep, I need all my strength for tomorrow," he stated and Brooke nodded, closing her eyes and dozing off pretty soon after.

Everyone was hyped up the next day, because of the important game and the fact that their families would be there to watch them, and Brooke - wearing her usual work attire, consisting of jeans, sneakers and her loved jersey - talked to everyone and tried to give them the confidence and strength they needed. She'd said hi to Sid's parents and his sister as well, who'd also came to Pittsburgh to support Sid and would be watching the game from the owner's lounge with everyone else, before she had had to go back down again. While they were warming up, she just leaned back a bit and shouted stuff to them while also keeping an eye on the Calgary players. Back in the wardrobe, the interviewers were already waiting for the team to get some pre-game interviews, and when Sid had stepped inside, he was immediately surrounded by cameras and microphones. Brooke couldn't even see him anymore due to the mass of people around him. She watched it for a bit and eventually made her way through the crowd, crossing her arms. "Gentlemen, I'm going to have ask you to leave Crosby alone now. I need to take a look at him before the game starts," she stated and the interviewers just looked at her until Sid chuckled. "May I ask who you are?" one interviewer spoke up and Brooke lifted an eyebrow. "I'm Brooke Lemieux, the Physical Therapist. And yes, Mario Lemieux is my father. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a job to do," she stated and the interwievers left them alone, mumbling something about how they hadn't known Lemieux' daughter was working there. Brooke watched them leave and then looked back at Sid. "How do you feel?" "Pretty good. My leg hurts a little bit but it's nothing I can't take. I'm ready to win this thing," he stated and Brooke nodded with a smile. "Is the tape still good?" she then asked and Sid nodded, patting his leg slightly. "Yeah, everything's fine," he said, getting up when the rest got up and walking out of the room. Brooke followed them and pressed a quick kiss to Sid's cheek. "Don't forget your promise," she mumbled and Sid nodded with a smile and then followed the rest of his team towards the ice. Malkin was the only one walking behind him, and Brooke took a deep breath and then followed them.