Chapter 7 - Playoffs here we come!

The roadtrip ended two games later. The Penguins had lost the game against the Detroit Red Wings in overtime, but had won against the Arizona Coyotes with 5 - 3 due to an extremely good game for both Sid and Geno. Now, there was only one game left in the regular season, and it was already clear that the Penguins would be in the playoffs, but all the guys wanted to win the last game in front of their fans, and even though their opponnent was a hard one, the Dallas Stars, they were confident to be able to win the game. Brooke and Sid had spent quite some time together, with Sid sneaking into her room after games and in the two days that they had been back in Pittsburgh, Sid had always been over at Brooke's, or she had went over to his, so they could spent time together. This evening, the last game would start, at 7:30 p.m, and Brooke had slept over at Sid's place, so they arrived at the Consol Energy Center for the morning skate together. In the wardrobe, Brooke checked up on Beau, who'd taken a mean check during the game against the Coyotes, and only looked up when Coach Johnston stepped towards her with skates. "These are for you. Some of the guys have been requesting to see you on the ice," he stated with a grin and Brooke immediately turned towards Sid, who held up his hand. "Don't kill me now. Kill me later on the ice," he said with a grin. "Come on Brooks, we want to see you play," Kris spoke up and Brooke just sighed and sat down, taking off her sneakers and putting on the skates instead. She stood up and stretched her legs a bit before looking at the guys, who were all just waiting for her. "All right, let's go then. Someone has to lend me a stick though," she added, and the guys nodded but didn't move. "What? Something missing?" Brooke asked, lifting an eyebrow and Fleury stepped up with a nod. "Yeah, you need a jersey," he told her and then held up the jersey, showing her the 'LEMIEUX' on the back, but instead of the 66 her father had worn, this jersey held the 77. "We made this for you personally. It's not just your father's, it's yours," Fleury stated with a grin and Brooke's mouth opened. "This is awesome guys!" She then stated with a wide smile before putting on the jersey. "Thank you so much guys, really. I don't know what to say to be honest," she stated and Sid stepped up with a grin. "Let's go shoot some pucks then," he shouted and Brooke shook her head and followed the guys outside, still shaking her head. The fans were just filing in to watch the practice when everyone stepped onto the ice, and Brooke looked around a bit before taking the extra stick from Kris with a smile. "All right Crosby, you are going to pay now," she stated, looking at Crosby and skating away. The fans had already noticed her on the ice and she could hear them talking even from the ice. "Okay Brooke, show us what you got!" Fleury shouted from his position in the goal, and Brooke once again shook her head and skated by Sid, pushing him slightly. He just laughed and passed her a puck, and Brooke skated towards Fleury, who was jumping around in front of her. Shooting it into the upper corner of the net, she scored, but Brooke guessed that Fleury would've been able to get it if he really tried. "Are you happy now?" She asked Beau, stopping next to him and he nodded with a grin. "Not bad," he just said and Brooke shook her head and skated off the ice again, but not before going over to Fleury and fist-bumping him. In the wardrobe, she changed back into her sneakers again and then just watched the guys practice, shouting stuff towards them from time to time.

After practice, everyone returned home again and Sid and Brooke stayed back, leaving together a bit later and driving to Sid's house. "You look good in a Penguins jersey," Sid stated after they'd stepped into the house and Brooke looked at the jersey and then smiled at Sid, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing a kiss to his lips. "Thanks for this by the way, this is really awesome," she said and Sid just shrugged and lifted her up, setting her down on the counter in his kitchen and stepping in-between her legs. "It's from all of us. We all like having you around," he told her, placing his hands on her waist, and Brooke couldn't help but smile. "I like being around you all as well. I found some really great friends, and you," she responded and Sid chuckled quietly. "Yeah, and me," he stated with a grin.