3:The Train

The Sweeticam train was taking us to the Sweeticam city.I watched as my home disappeared into the horizon.The teenage Sweeticam girl who picked my name was switched with a lady with hair made purely of ice cream.

"Welcome,welcome!"she said."Now to meet your mentors!"

She called for two people whose name I didn't catch.Then Marl,the girl who won five years before and Waem who was the male victor of the 63rd."Mae,this is your mentor Marl,and Prae,this is Waem."

I realise this is the first time I heard the boy's name,Prae.I heard from someone he had a single mother who got his gender mixed at birth and gave him a female name,Prae.I introduce myself to Marl and she tells me that she would try her hardest to help me win.Then the capitol lady with ice cream hair asked us whether with would like to be trained separately or together,and Prae said,

"What do you think?"

"Well...I think separately.But we should meet up from time to time,"I answered.

Then the capitol lady smiled."Oh silly me,"she said,"I haven't introduced myself,have I?"

We nod.

"Well,my name is Cream Ice,call me Cream."I wasn't surprised at her name.They were always naming their children after something to do with ice cream.It was strange,but girl gotta get used to it.She then announced dinner happily and ushered us to the dining carriage,and i almost fainted when i saw the food.District 10 was not poor,but not wealthy either.Some where poorer or wealthier than others.My family was somewhere in the middle,but slightly leaning toward poor.We had enough to eat,but barely.What was on the table could only ever be a dream for me.It was mostly ice cream,but some of the candy from the districts.Shining crystal candy gleamed in the light,which i learned in school was made in 1,one the richer districts,chocolate bars from 2,two packets of gum from three,salty sweets from 4,brightly coloured chews from 5,peppermints from 6,sours from 7,cotton candy with texture soft as the plant it was named for,cotton,that came from the factories of 8.On another side,there were gummies of 9,jellies of 11,hard rock candy of 12.But what took my mind the most was the marshmallows of my home.It looked familiar yet distant,as if i left home years ago,instead of just this morning.I smelled it and my mind was going nuclear,the unbelievable heap of food that was separated by plates,and also of the worry of the squish games.I am going to survive and go home,i will,i will, I thought.I sat down and began to pile candy upon candy on my plate and used a fork to put them in my mouth,When i chewed and sucked on them,it was heaven.After trying everything,it was amazing.But then i saw how late it was,via a grand clock on the wall,and decided to go to to sleep.I excused myself and asked someone to take me to my bedroom,which i just realised i did not know where it was.