2:The Token

I watched mom and Quoy's terrified faces as i stepped forward onto the stage.I knew they desperately wanted to volunteer,but they were too old.After they reaped a boy,which was a person my age,they made us shake hands.I couldn't believe i had to leave my beloved district 10,with it's delicious scent of different flavoured marshmallows.We weren't allowed to eat it though,or the peacekippers would whip us.I remembered Auntie April secretly letting me taste the sweet mixture that she made as her job,and Auntie Dominique giving me a list of ingredients used to make marshmallows.I didn't read it though,too boring.But it smelled like marshmallows so much,i licked it.It was absolutely delicious.I was paralyzed and shocked.I couldn't move, and i wanted by vomit in front of the whole district.The Bittersweet Games,The Bittersweet Games,I was going into the The Bittersweet Games.It is a horrendous event,once every year at summer.They would send twenty four children and force them to kill each other with...

Vegetables.

If any,ANY candy person ate a vegetable,they would die in a horrific way.First they would blister up the colour of the vegetable and start coughing.Then they would vomit,and the vomit would smell like whatever vegetable they had eaten.Also,whoever smells the vomit would get sick and there would be a 1% chance of surviving.There was a squishmallow named Lindsay Lemon Drop who was very famous for surviving it.Then they sent is into the Sugastice Building,where we would say our final goodbyes.It felt strange,walking in the Sugastice building.It was so clean and sweet-smelling.I waited on the sugar velvet couch to see my loved fellas for the possibly last time.Lera came in first.She was calm as always,but not in a good way.She did not have the sunny and warm expression,instead quiet and frozen,hardly any emotion showing.

"Please,please come back,and could you take this,to remember?"she whispered to me,handing me a clip-on Squishmallow that was a replica of me that didn't smell like any thing at first,but when why pressed your nose really hard on the ears and smelled,it was the sent of chocolate marshmallows.Then i was reminded of my district,of my family,of Lera.Then our five minutes were over.The peacekippers then escorted her out of the room.

After that, mom and my sisters came in.Mom was crying.My sister just looked shocked.Mom came to me and squished me so hard,i thought I was going to explode.I repeated that as long as my dead body had marshmallows stuffed in it,I would be happy.She weeped that she was going to miss my soft squishiness so much.Then my sister Quoy gave me a little bit of chocolate marshmallow.I was shocked.Despite making them,us district people were not allowed to eat them,but we could buy them,and they were usually expensive.Quoy said it was $65,but it was worth it.We all shared it.I saw why they had bought the marshmallows.Our district made it,and it made sense to be eaten at a last meal with your loved ones.Then our five minutes together was over..After they were taken away,I realized.I was always,from the moment my name was called out,I was thinking about how I would die.Then i realized i could actually win and return to my home.If i didn't think about it before,i would think about it now.