Vol. 2 - Best Day Ever!

Somewhere In Vale...

It was a bright and sunny day in Vale, the citizens walking around, enjoying their every day life. Elsewhere, the owner of the Dust shop, From Dust Till Dawn, was hanging up a banner. 

It read, "Newly Re-opened!"

After hanging up the last corner, he begins to descend down, only to fall off. The old man had fallen, a girl standing above him. She had dark skin with red eyes and mint green hair, the girl letting a sheepish laugh.

???: Excuse me! Sorry. I'm not really from around here. 

The young girl extended her hand out to him, helping the old man up onto his feet. She then goes into her pocket, pulling out a small piece of paper.

???: Um, would you mind pointing me in the direction of this shop? 

The old man stared at it for a bit before he hummed and nodded, him pointing it in the direction. The young girl waves and turns around, beginning to walk down the street. However, a silver-haired teen was waiting for her, him leaning up against the wall. She walks past him, him now speaking up.

???2: I knew you were lost.

???: (takes out wallet) Mercury. I will seriously pay you to shut up.

Mercury: That's not your money.

???: But it could be yours for five minutes of silence.

Mercury: Mmmmm...no deal.

???: (growls in annoyance) Hmph. Fine. 

The mint green-haired girl takes all the lien out of the wallet and throws it to the ground, turning heel to the other direction. The silver-haired teen grinned and followed after. 

Mercury: Whatever, you want me. ...So how much farther?

???: A few blocks...

Mercury: Ugh, this place is so dull. 

???: Eh, I kinda like it. Tall buildings, diverse culture...

Mercury: And nice dopey people who are easy to pickpocket. 

???: That's every city.

Mercury: (mocking) Oooh! Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!

 Emerald: Ugh, and my other friend has better theatrical abilities than you. 

Mercury: And where is he?

The mint green-haired girl, now known as Emerald, simply flips Mercury off, proceeding on without giving him any answer.

Mercury: You're no fun today.

The two continue on down the street, entering a bookshop. The bell rung as they entered through the doors, no one at the counter. Emerald walked up to the counter and pressed the small desktop bell that was on there with Mercury heading to the shelves to look through the books.

Man: Be right there!

Soon after, a man came through the door the door, carrying stacks of books in his arms.

Man: Welcome to Tukson's Book Trade! Home to every book under the sun! How may...uh...

His eyes landed upon seeing the two. He seemed to have hesitated slightly, but he kept his previous cheerful demeanor, still keeping his smile.

Man: How may I help you?

Mercury: (shuts book) Just browsin'.

Emerald: Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of the Thief and the Butcher?