Vol. 1 - The Stray (Part 1)

Why is RWBY getting so tired? Like, what the hell happened? I know that Rooster Teeth is trying their best to make the series still entertaining as possible, which some of the fights and moments still are, something about the way Monty Oum wrote the story just hit different, y'know?

Obviously, we can't have the same magical experience volumes 1, 2, and 3 had (Rest in peace Monty), but the current volumes just feel so lacking. So honestly, this book may get slow updates. I will try to update this as often as I can, but I'm not feeling as much as I used to.

---

Y/N: (sigh) Do we have to go?

Lilina: If you want to prepare for the Vytal Festival later on this year, then yes, we have to go.

Owain: My sword hand craves for battle! I'm so excited!

Lethe: The festival isn't coming till months from now, idiot.

Lilina: Come now, everyone. We have people's weapons, semblances, and fighting styles to analyze. 

Y/N: (irritated groan) Fine.

Team MOLA were spending their day in Vale, walking around the city as they went down to the docks. Students from Vacuo were said to be arriving, and the team leader had decided to scout out their future opponents.

As they went down towards the docks, they find team RWBY nearby as well.

Ruby: Oh, hey guys! What are you guys doing here?

Lethe: Leader here decided it would be best to scout out the competition for later on in the tournament.

Ruby: Oh, that's what's Weiss said!

Weiss: I did not!

Yang: You are not the best liar, Ice Queen.

Y/N: (looks to Lethe) Come to think of it, when did you call boss "leader"?

Lethe: Huh?

Owain: Yeah. You two are always at each others throats. Every day is always a cat fight.

Blake and Lethe look at the blonde with annoyed looks.

Owain: S-Sorry.

Lethe: We just talked. That's all.

Lilina: Are you sure? From what I remembered, you liked looking at me when I--

Lethe: Shut up, shut up! They don't need to know that!

Lilina: Aww, anything for you, sweetheart.~

Y/N: (whispers to Owain) Don't tell me...

Owain: (whispers back) I think it's quite obvious. 

Lethe: Shut it, numbnuts!

Ruby: Whoa.

The group's attention was then brought to Ruby, who was focused on a dust shop that had been recently been robbed. Curious, they walked on over and asked the detectives.

Ruby: What happened here? 

Detective 1: Robbery. Second dust shop to be hit this week. This place has turned into a jungle.

Yang: Ugh. That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left all the money again!

Detective 1: Yeah, it just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?

Detective 2: I don't know, an army?

Detective 1: You thinkin' the uh, the White Fang? 

Detective 2: Yeah, I'm thinkin' we're not getting paid enough.