Prologue

I asked a question asking which RWBY character to do first. Blake won the poll there. Hope y'all enjoy this.

---

On the dark streets of Mistral, a figure traversed the rooftops, sticking to the shadows. As he leapt into the air, the moonlight shined upon his features. He had white hair with fox ears and red eyes, wearing light armor, a rugged brown jacket, a blue scarf covering his mouth and a pendant hung from his neck.

A katana and a tanto were strapped to his waist, along with a series of pouches. As soon as he landed on the next roof, he crouched down as he gazed below.

On the streets was a rich man, the details that gave it away was the monocle he had on his right eye, the fancy robe, and the jewelry he had on. The boy smiled under his scarf as his fox ears twitched. His hands begin to move into his pouches as he took out three shurikens, throwing them as one of them hits the other, making it curve.

The two shurikens embed into the side of a post, the man being startled as he takes off down the alleyway.

Boy: (mutters) Easy pickings...

He then spawned a clone, made from the shadows. Launching it forward, he then teleports to it, the shadow disappearing as he appeared from where it was. He then lands in the alleyway. He could hear the footsteps from the rich man coming towards him.

Putting his hands in his pockets, he slowly begins walking towards the man. As the man draws closer, the boy purposely bumps into him, his hands moving swiftly as he snags the wallet, taking the lien off the man.

Rich Man: Watch where you're going, you filthy faunus.

Boy: (acting scared) S-Sorry sir!

Rich Man: Then scram!

The boy nods his head furiously as he takes off towards the main street. His act of fear then morphs to happiness as he made it to the main street, taking out the lien from his pocket.

Boy: Heh. Too easy.

Rich Man: (distance) My lien! Someone find that faunus!

Boy: Uh-oh. Gotta skedaddle now.

The boy quickly climbs up the nearest building, heading north. A few minutes later, he finds an open window, hopping in as he kicks the wooden stand that held it open.

Boy: Too easy. With this, the orphanage should be able to keep itself standing.

???: Not with that kind of money, Y/N.

The boy, now known as Y/N, turns his head towards the door, a woman looking to be in her forties.

Y/N: (guilty smile) Hey, nanny! I wasn't sneaking about! Totally wasn't!

Woman: (sigh) You're just like that Sustrai girl. 

Y/N: That's because me and Emerald were the best thieves here.

Woman: So you did steal that.

Y/N: I never said that.

Woman: (taps foot) Y/N...

Y/N: (sigh) Fine...

The boy begrudgingly hands the money to her, the woman taking it.

Woman: When are you going to stop stealing? You know this isn't what your mother wanted.

Y/N: Yeah, well, what can she do? She's dead. Not only that, my so called "father" abandoned me. (scoffs) He won the "Dad of the Year" award.

Y/N sits on his bed, resting his head on his hand. The woman then sits down and wraps an arm around the fox faunus.