Vol. 1 - A Meeting With An Amber-Eyed Girl

It was the next morning and Y/N arrived at the bullhead, heading for Beacon Academy. He had swiped enough money to get him by in Vale when he was still in Mistral.

As he got on the bullhead, he bumped into a girl with amber eyes and black hair, a bow on her head.

Y/N: Oh, sorry about that. Wasn't looking where I was going.

Girl: It's fine. Bye, I guess.

The girl leaves and Y/N's red eyes stare at her.

Y/N: Huh...she was actually...kinda cute.

Shrugging, he puts his hands in his pockets, his right one coming back out with a photo in his hand. In the photo were two people aside from him. In the photo was a picture of a girl with green hair, red eyes, and dark skin. The other person was a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes.

Y/N: (sigh) I really miss you guys.

As Y/N sat in the bullhead, he didn't pay attention to the hologram of the woman explaining why they were here. All he was thinking about was the life he lived in the orphanage. Before, he was just an ordinary thief, running with that same girl. It wasn't until the same boy in the picture had offered them a place in the orphanage.

A few years later, the girl had run off somewhere, never to be seen again. The boy had left the orphanage when he was fifteen, as he said he was going to become a sword for hire, roaming Remnant with his trusty sword Missiletainn.

The bullhead stops and the doors begin to open. Shaking his head to rid of his thoughts, Y/N gets off the bullhead and takes in the scenery of Beacon Academy.

As he continues to walk around some more, he hears an explosion. Resting his hand on the hilt of his katana, he takes off, heading to the location. Upon arrival, he sees a girl with hair as white as snow and a young girl with a red hoodie.

White Haired Girl: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

Red Cloaked Girl: (pushes fingers together) I'm really, really sorry!

White Haired Girl: Ugh! You complete, dolt!

Y/N: Whoa, whoa! There's no need to be rude here, princess.

White Haired Girl: Excuse me!?

???: It's heiress, actually.

The three of them look to the new voice, Y/N's eyes widening. It was the same girl he bumped into on the bullhead.

Black Haired Girl: Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.

Weiss: (smug) Finally! Some recognition.

Black Haired Girl: The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.

Weiss: What!? How dare--! The nerve of--! Ugh!

Grabbing the dust vial from the black haired girl's hands, Weiss Schnee storms off with her helpers trailing behind. The red cloaked girl was still snickering from the interaction.

Red Cloaked Girl: I promise to make this up to you! (sigh) I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day. (turns around) So what's--?

The girl had turned around, only to see the other girl walking away. The girl with cloaked frowns as she falls on her back.

Red Cloaked Girl: Welcome to Beacon.

Y/N: What's wrong with you, Red?

Red Cloaked Girl: Oh, you know. Tried to make friends after my sister ditched me.