Chapter 53

Chapter 53

When I had agreed that I would be replaying our kiss in my head all night long, I hadn't been lying.

I slept very little because I was still all tense from the stress I had over thinking I had ruined my relationship with Lexi, but also the boost of adrenaline I kinda got from kissing the girl of my dreams for the first time. And probably only time.

Was I really surprised that I got very little sleep though? Wasn't that like a recurring theme in my somewhat pathetic life?

I went for a slow run on the treadmill in the morning, nothing too strenuous though. I was still a little worried over my head.

My mom caught me on my way out.

"You have a session with your psychiatrist tonight, don't forget about it," she reminded me.

I'd completely forgotten about it actually. It was good. Now I wouldn't be trying to find any kind of ridiculous reason to spend my evening with Lexi.

I needed to let the poor girl live.

We had English lit as our first class though, so of course, I sat beside Lexi and acted like I hadn't been freaking out for the last two days.

"So. Did you have sweet dreams Pumpkin?"

"Sure, after the deranged man left my room, I slept like a baby and had a super sweet dream. I dreamt you were eight years old and covered with leeches. You were crying, snot and all, it was gross."

I couldn't help the laugh that burst through my lips. "Oh yeah, sure, I totally believe that."

Lexi grinned, unaffected and sticking with her story. "You should. That was totally my dream."

"You're lucky you could dream. I couldn't sleep. I was just thinking about you kissing me back," I said and winked at her.

She punched my shoulder.

Why was I being so bold? Hadn't the other day taught me anything?

"Leeches, eveeeeerywhere," she said, motioning to my body with her hand going in circle. "Your face was covered with snot. Covered. You were just crying and crying and crying."

I nodded, unaffected too. "Huh, huh. Very convincing."

I kept on teasing Lexi like this, every opportunity that I got.

Later on in the day, I got a text from Josh. Blaaaaaake. Husband. Light of my life. The only one I truly need. I request your presence tonight.

I snorted and wrote back to him. Sorry, babe, I sent the divorce papers yesterday. You should get them soon. I cannot see you again

And then sent a second text right away. But also, I have a therapy session tonight. So tomorrow?

TOMORROW? Are you saying you care more about your mental health than distracting me? Josh replied.

I rolled my eyes. What a drama queen. Why you need a distraction? Not going well with your future significant other?

Blocked and reported.

I laughed but didn't text back. Something was definitely up with him. He was being a little weirder than normal.

If he wasn't going to fess up, I was going to do some investigating on my own.

I knew most of his passwords, so as I sat in Chemistry, I started to try to get in his emails, to see if I couldn't find any clues there.