Chapter 21

Chapter 21

After hanging up with Lexi, I saw three unread texts messages from Tyler.

Did it work?

Are you coming over?

Should I tell my dad that we need to evacuate to give you guys some privacy?

I replied to him saying As I already told you she was not on board with the whole idea. She was strongly against it actually.

Tyler replied instantly. That's probably because you don't look good shirtless. Only plausible reason for it not to work. I had a brilliant idea, but you got no abs.

I have killer abs.

Don't worry, it's okay, I still love your pudgy tummy.

I'm blocking you.

Unlike Lexi, my ovaries might explode thinking about it.

Tyler Grayson was a disturbing, disturbing boy, so I sent him, The number you've tried to reach does not exist.

IMPREGANTE ME!

I chuckled at his texts, and put my phone away.

Josh came to sit beside me on the stairs leading up to his vinyl collection and library. "So, we're not bringing your level of stalkerism to dangerously creepy levels?" he asked.

I grinned, feeling like an idiot, a happy idiot, but still an idiot. "Not yet."

"Unfortunate," he said, patting me on the back. "She did answer your call though."

I nodded, staring at the ground. "She did..."

"Not saying it means anything... but..." Josh trailed.

"It didn't mean anything," I told him, trying to convince him as much as I was convincing myself.

I didn't have the best track record with Lexi, and I didn't want to assume anything or get happy for no reason.

"Oh yeah sure, and all those pictures of dolphins I have in my phone don't mean anything." He said the three last works while doing parentheses in the air with his fingers.

I made a gagging sound. "I will never go to Sea World with you."

"Oh, I'm banned from Sea World," Josh informed me, offhandedly.

I snorted. "Of course you are."

Josh got back up, still smiling at me, patted my head and went to sleep.

I didn't feel like driving back home so I slept over at Josh's. He had a pretty decent guestroom and I figured I should try to rest for once.

I was after all, pretty sleep deprived.

I took me a while to fall asleep, as it always did, and once I finally feel into slumber, I had a weird dream. Lexi was in front of me and I kept trying to reach for her, but every time it was like she disappeared.

I woke up not feeling rested, but a little on edge actually. I took a quick shower and changed into clothes I had left here in the event that I wouldn't go home.

After that, I headed for the kitchen because Josh always kept breakfast burritos in his freezer—he did a lot of prep-meals.

I found him there, sitting at a stool, wrapped in a blanket, like a caterpillar in its cocoon, nursing a cup of coffee, his eyes half closed.

"What are you doing up?" I asked him and grabbed a burrito from the freezer before putting it in the microwave.

"Todd... meeting... pain..." Josh whined and let his face fall on the counter, like a drama-queen.