December 29th

Scott stared up at the ceiling, gently petting Hetty as he thought the last few days over. Did Snake really mean it when he said Scott could come over next year? And was the dog really from his parents or was that another present from Snake? He let out a small sigh as he played with his dog tag around his neck, wondering how Snake felt about him. "Ha, yeah right, he said he was straight." A small nagging feeling got to him though, when he went to the movie with Snake and his two friends --Cry and Russ was it?-- and the shorter of the three had mentioned that Snake talked about him a lot. That had to mean something, though Scott wasn't sure what.
He let out another sigh as he sat up, Hetty looking up before jumping off the bed and headed to the door. Scott let out a small chuckle before following her, opening his bedroom door. Hetty took off down the stairs, heading to the back door that Snake was standing at. The taller one looked up and gave a small nod. "Morning." Scott took note on how his voice sounded a little but deeper, he must have just woken up.
"Morning, so, anything planned for the day?" He jumped right to the point, wanting to know so badly if he would be spending the day with Snake.
The older one shook his head as he let both dogs back in. "No, I had nothing in mind, unless you want to catch a movie or something else." Scott let out a small hum before giving Snake a smirk.
"As long as it's not horror then I'm game." Snake glanced down at his feet, seemingly embarrassed.
"I'm still sorry about that." Scott just brushed it off, he was over it.
"No worries, but I'm totally telling everyone that you were scared."
Snake rolled his eyes. "The day I'm scared is the day hell freezes over." Scott let out a laugh, following Snake as the taller one headed to the kitchen.
"So, we're gonna go to a movie then? There's one a few blocks down and I think they have some good movies playing." Snake gave a nod as he poured some coffee into a mug. "How do you like that stuff?" Snake looked up and gave a small chuckle.
"It's not as bad as it smells."
"I knew that," Scott argued, "but you put nothing in it!"
Snake gave a devious smirk as he took a sip. "I like my coffee black just like my metal." Scott let out a groan as he covered his face with his hands.
"And you know the fucking band MSI, lovely." Snake let out a small chuckle before moving to the living room, Scott reluctantly following. "Are you just filled with references? And are any of them good?"
"Very good!"
"This isn't Dark Souls!"
"I'm sorry!"
Scott threw his hands up in defeat, plopping down on the couch beside Snake. "Why do I even try?" He saw a small smile poke at Snake's face from the corner of his eye, causing him to smile as well.

.:.

Scott slipped his hands into his hoodie pockets, keeping close to Snake as they decided to walk down to theatre since it was only a few blocks away. "Do you really think Hetty and Sherlock will be okay?" Scott asked again, worried about his dog.
"We'll be gone for a couple hours, not a couple years." Snake reassured, ruffling Scott's hair slightly. Scott gave a small scowl as he batted his hands away, fixing his hair.
"You're a dick." Snake let out a small chuckle as they continued down the street.
Scott was suddenly pulled backwards, feeling a choking sensation as he assumed someone grabbed his hood. "No one move or the kid gets it!" Scott began to quiver as he was put in a headlock, something cold against the side of his head. "Everyone put your hands up!" Scott watched with scared brown eyes as Snake did as he was told, as well as several other civilians.
"S-Snake..." Scott felt tears brim his eyes as the gun prodded at his head.
"Shut the fuck up!" Scott let out a small whine but bit his lip, wanting nothing more than to go home, to go watch some dumb old rerun with Snake, the older one being able to recite the entire movie. "Toss your purses and wallets on the ground!" Scott tried to keep eye contact with Snake, but he was suddenly spun around as the man turned to look at the people behind them. "Lady, put down your purse!" Scott glanced up and saw the woman giving a glare.
"No, you won't take my money!" My fucking life is on the line! Scott was furious but his furry was replaced by fear as he heard the safety click off.
"I will fucking shoot him!" Scott felt his tears roll down his face, this wasn't how today was supposed to go at all. They were supposed to head to the movie, go out for a late lunch and then return so they could play video games. "I'll give you to the count of five!"
Scott felt his heart rate quicken, this man wasn't bluffing and the woman showed no signs of giving up her purse.