December 24th

Snake let out a small sigh as he rang the doorbell, shoving a hand into his pocket, his duffle bag held in the other as he looked around at the small porch. It was decorated with all sorts of lights strung around the railing and roof. He was still slightly upset he had to babysit on Christmas Eve, but at least he was away from his annoying siblings. What made it worse was that he'd be here for New Years as well.
Soon the door was opened and a petite woman answered, a wide smile on her face. "Hello David!" Snake gave her a friendly smile.
"Howdy, Mrs. Jund." He greeted as she opened the door wider.
"Thank you for coming on such short notice, and the night before Christmas no less!" Snake just nodded as he shut the door behind himself, removing his shoes before following Mrs. Jund to the living room where the brat was. Sure, the kid wasn't terrible --Snake had had worse before-- but this was the only one who knew how to push all his buttons.
"Now Scott, be good for David while we're out." The boy crossed his arms as he sent a glare towards his mother.
"I'm fourteen, I don't need a babysitter!" Oh great, this was going to be a lovely week.
Mrs. Jund let out a sigh as she rubbed his shoulder. "Just... just listen to David, okay? We'll be back in a few days and we'll see if he thinks you can be left alone." Scott just rolled his eyes as he plopped back onto the couch, glaring at the floor. "Be good!" Mrs. Jund chirped as she and Mr. Jund made their way out of the house. Snake wandered over to the window and watched as they drove off, wondering how he'd last with the brat.
"Your bandana's stupid." Snake smirked slightly.
"Not as stupid as your hair."
"You're on steroids."
"At least I'm not a small shrimp like you."
"Bastard."
"Asshole."

.:.

Snake narrowed his eyes slightly as Scott pulled ahead of him in Mario Kart, unsure of how he managed that. "Hey, watch this!" Snake glanced over at the excited Scott before a flash of red came speeding towards his character, the red shell exploding him. He muttered a quiet 'fuck' as he moved from second to tenth in a matter of seconds. "Alright, that's another fuck up for you and another question I get to ask." Snake let out a small groan as he tried to just focus on the game, why did he have to agree to Scott's dumb rules?
"Fine, brat." Out of the corner of his eye he saw Scott grinning.
"How old are you?"
Snake glanced over at Scott, finding the question odd considering other questions he could have been asked. "Seventeen." Scott just nodded as his attention went back to the game, making Snake smirk slightly when he saw the faint blush on Scott's face. "Campbell, you're blushing." Scott's cheeks flushed more as he sent a glare at Snake.
"No I'm not! You're just blind!" Snake just rolled his eyes before letting out a loud curse, the brat had somehow lapped him! "Alright, hm, what's your sexual orientation?" Snake paused the game and turned to look at Scott.
"What?"
"You heard me!" There he went again, cheeks bright red.
"Why does it matter?"
"I, uh, just curious."
"I'm straight." Scott nodded.
"So am I, now unpause the game." Instead of complying and resuming the game, Snake just stared at Scott. "Start the damn game back up!"
"Why would you ask in the first place?" Scott fell silent as he looked away, tipping his head down.
"Just, let's just play the game." It caught Snake off guard on how downcast Scott looked and sounded. He let out a soft sigh as he unpaused the game, Scott returning to his normal self within a few minutes.

.:.

Snake set down his controller as he stretched his arms up, glancing at the clock. "Alright, I think it's time to head to bed." Scott let out a groan as he shook his head.
"No way, old man, it's Christmas Eve!" Snake gave a nod in understanding.
"I know, so the sooner you go to sleep the sooner you can open your presents." Scott shook his head, Snake narrowing his eyes as an idea popped into his head. He stood up and grabbed Scott, making the younger one stand before lifting up and putting him over his shoulder. "Hey! What the hell?! Put me down!" Snake simple ignored him as Scott pounded on his back, legs kicking.
Snake headed up the stairs, Scott still struggling to escape. Snake pushed the bedroom door open with his foot, heading over to the bed and throwing Scott on top. It was easy enough to cover the small boy, seeing as his bed wasn't made. He was glad he didn't have to force Scott to change clothes, the younger one was already in pyjamas.
"There, now go to bed." Snake let out a small yawn, internally groaning and just wanting to sleep as well.
"But I'm not-" Scott suddenly let out a yawn, Snake grinning in victory, "tired."
"That yawn says otherwise," Snake turned and headed to the door. "Good night, Jund."
He heard a mumbled "night Snake" as he left the room, looking back at Scott and already seeing him almost asleep. He smiled softly as he quietly closed the door and headed downstairs.
He moved to the couch and pulled out a binder from his duffel bag, he was still slightly upset he had homework over the break but oh well. He quickly glanced at the clock, reading 11:00 PM, okay, maybe it was a little early to send Scott to bed. Snake shook it off as he opened his textbook.