December 31st

Scott smiled brightly as he sat up, pulling his legs to his chest as he looked out his window. He couldn't stop smiling, glancing over at Snake still asleep beside him. He gently began to move his fingers through Snake's hair, untangling it as the older one suddenly moved in his sleep and tried to hold Scott. He let out a soft chuckle, laying back down and allowing for Snake to hold him. Scott rested his head against Snake's chest, his breathing slowing down and matching Snake's.
Never in a million years did Scott think he'd fall in love with a man, more specifically Snake. But this week had been a turn of odd events, hell, Scott wasn't even sure that Snake actually loved him. He nervously bit his lip at the thought but brushed it away as he glanced up at Snake's face, smiling softly and pecking him on the lips before sliding out of bed and silently headed downstairs.
Scott wandered over to the couch and sat down, grabbing his controller as he turned on his PS4. He wondered what Snake had planned for today but he brushed it aside, after the incident he didn't want to leave the house.
Scott gave a small shiver before booting up his game, not wanting to think about that as Hetty ran and jumped up onto the couch beside him.

.:.

A few hours went by before any signs of life came from upstairs, Scott holding back a giggle as he heard a loud thump. He waited and soon enough Snake stood at the doorway to the living room, rubbing his shoulder before heading over. "So, what'cha hit?" Scott asked, a small smirk on his face as Snake sent him a pointed glare.
"Your dumb ass ceiling that's slanted above your bed, I sat up and hit the lowest part." Scott let out a laugh, Snake's frown turning into a soft smile. "I'm glad one of us is laughing." Scott just gave a grin before leaning back, trying to get pass this boss.
"What're we doing today?" Scott asked, letting out a curse as he was killed.
Snake gave a shrug. "No idea, I was planning on staying here and watch the ball drop." Scott just nodded, letting out a string of curses as he died once again. The older one simply held out his hand, Scott hesitantly handed over the control. He watched with shock as Snake managed to defeat the boss without losing any health in only a few minutes.
"How the hell did you manage that?!" Snake gave a shit eating grin as he handed the controller back.
"'Cause I'm better than you." Scott let out a scoff as he gave Snake a shove.
"Let's play Mario Kart then, since you seem so confidant." Scott challenged, grinning as Snake moved to get the controllers.
"You're on."

.:.

Eventually Russ showed up, with him was Cry, Cheyenne, Traggy, Ziegs, and a few other people that Scott didn't catch the names of. He was confused why they were here until Snake explained that he invited them for a New Years party. Scott was glad they were all gamers though, not knowing how to be social without the accompaniment of a video game.
Scott let out a loud cheer, beating Russ, Cry, and Snake in the Mario Kart 8 race. "God damn it!" Cry spat, readying up again with determination in his blue eyes. Russ let out a small chuckle before selecting a different character.
"Hey," Scott glanced up and looked at Snake as he stood up, "can someone take my place and Campbell's?" Scott tipped his head but soon enough, Ziegs snatched his remote and pushed the youngest one off the couch. Cheyenne came over and took Snake's controller before Snake began to lead Scott outside.
"What're you doing?" Asked Scott, sticking close to Snake as they pushed past too many people for Scott's liking, though he wasn't sure where they all came from.
"I thought we could watch the fireworks." Snake simply replied, not giving any more information as they made their way outside and stood in the backyard. Sherlock and Hetty ran over to them, wanting some attention, before they dashed off again.
Scott glanced back at the house, all he could hear was people counting down loudly with the television.

"Ten, nine!"

Scott glanced up at Snake, wondering what he had planned.

"Eight, seven!"

Scott's eyes went wide as Snake turned him, their eyes meeting as Snake softly cupped his face.

"Six, five!"

Scott couldn't take his eyes off Snake's as the latter gently rubbed his thumb along Scott's jaw.

"Four, three!"

"I love you."

"Two!"

"I love you too."

"One! Happy New Year!"

As soon as the fireworks leapt up into the sky, Snake softly pressed his lips to Scott's, the younger one quickly wrapped his arms around Snake's neck as the older one wrapped his around Scott's waist, pulling them close as their kiss deepened. When they broke apart, Snake rested his head against Scott's, both smiling softly at each other. "Best year ever." Scott mumbled softly, retrieving a rather large and rare smile from Snake.
"It is, and I can't wait to spend the new year with you." Scott thought it was cheesy as hell, but he pushed that thought aside as he hugged Snake tightly.
This truly was going to be a great year, and Scott couldn't wait.