Chapter 11- Luca's Realization

While Alberto was with Giulia, Luca had already started heading towards his family's house. Despite being happy on the surface, the Paguro's still lived in their home in the sea. Daniela and Lorenzo were thinking about buying a home on the surface, though. Not only did they get extra money from winning the crab show that year, but they had also been saving some money over the year, making that idea a possibility.

Luca jumped into the sea, splashing into the water as he turned into his sea monster form. In Genova, he had never really intentionally turned into a sea monster, because he was always on land. Of course, there was the occasional show that he put on for his classmates, who had found his transformation fascinating. Giulia's mom had also loved to paint him, which Luca actually quite enjoyed. Besides that, though, Luca wasn't in his sea monster form too much, so it felt nice to finally jump into the ocean after so long.

Luca swam towards his house and swam inside the front door. His parents noticed him entering and both gave Luca a hug.

"We were waiting for you to drop by, Luca!" Lorenzo said. "How about you stay for dinner?"

Luca felt bad that he was really interested in staying at Alberto's house. "Oh, ummm.. actually I was just wondering. Maybe could I stay at Alberto's house tonight? They asked if I wanted to.."

"I don't know Luca, you just got here.." Daniela said.

Luca's grandma emerged from her room after hearing the conversation. "Oh come on, Daniela. Let the boy stay, he hasn't been able to hang out with his friends in forever."

Daniella nodded and sighed, "Yeah, you're right mom," she turned around to face Luca. "You can stay over there, Luca. Just promise to visit us soon."

Daniela gave Luca a warm smile and hugged him.

"Who knows," Lorenzo said. "That might not be an issue soon."

Luca's family all smiled, while Luca was really confused. He asked, "What are you talking about?"

Lorenzo cleared his throat, "Well, there's a house for sale up on the surface. We were thinking of buying it. It took a lot convincing to even interest Daniela haha."

Daniela laughed, "I guess, it wouldn't be a bad idea. We don't need to live down here anymore."

Luca couldn't believe the news. He had always dreamed about living on the surface, especially if it was in Portorosso. In fact, he had gotten so used to living with Giulia in Portorosso, he wanted to keep it that way. Luca was happy that his family was finally considering that idea.

"Really?" Luca asked. "I mean- yeah! We should do that!"

Lorenzo nodded, "Well, son, it's not official yet. We'll see!"

Luca gave a disappointing nod, "Anyways, I can stay for a little longer if you guys want to..."

"Don't worry about it bubble," Luca's grandma said. "You go hang out with your friends. Enjoy it."

Luca smiled and walked over to give his family a hug. When he hugged his grandma, she pulled him back a little bit, as if she didn't want Daniela and Lorenzo to hear what they were saying.

"Luca, I know your dad says it's not official," she whispered. "But, between you and me, I think they're already on board with the idea. The house is nice, the area is close to your friends' house. I'm just saying.."

Luca had a glimmer of hope in his eyes. He hoped his grandma was right.

"Thanks, grandma," Luca said while he gave her another hug. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, bubble."

Luca scratched the back of his neck nervously, "Do you know anything... about... love?"

Luca was expecting his grandma to be confused, but instead she just chuckled.

"Haha, yeah Luca. I guess you're at that age now, aren't you."

Luca laughed but didn't say anything. He looked at his grandma nervously as she continued to speak.

"Well, Luca, you'll find someone eventually. Someone that makes you feel fuzzy inside, someone who you always want to be around. It'll happen; it happens to all of us. You just gotta find the right person."

Luca listened carefully and nodded his head. "Thanks grandma."

She grinned back, "Why do you ask, by the way?"

"Oh, well.." Luca stammered. "Giulia told me about it, yeah. I was just curious."

"Oh, well alright bubble. It's always good to be curious."

The two hugged again before Luca waved goodbye and headed towards the front door. "Bye mom, bye dad!" Luca said as he walked away.

"Bye Luca!" they both yelled.

Luca closed the front door and smiled when he was out of sight. Yeah, like Grandma said. I'll find the right person, he thought. Luca had the sudden realization in his mind that made his eyes widen.

"Someone that makes you feel fuzzy inside. Someone that you always want to be around."

Luca remembered what his grandma had said. What she had said...

That's exactly how Alberto made him feel..

Luca was taken back by the thought. It was 100% true. He recalled getting that exact fuzzy feeling when Alberto was around. He just didn't really know what it was. He loved to be around Alberto, and wanted to spend the entire day with him if he could. Luca told himself it wasn't true, but at the same time, he kept thinking back to his grandma's words. As much as Luca wanted to deny it, he couldn't keep himself from thinking about it. It is true, he thought.

Do I love Alberto?