Chapter 3- The Mysterious Letter

Luca ran forward and embraced his family with a big hug. Tears fell down Luca's face as he hugged his family even tighter.

"Bubble, we missed you so much," Luca's grandma said.

Luca gave her a warm smile, tears continuing to stream down his face. This caused his scales to appear around his face where the tears fell. "I missed you guys, too."

Luca turned to his parents and both pulled them in for a hug without hesitation. They all embraced each other for what felt like hours. Luca didn't want to let go; he had missed his family so much.

"Son, you have no idea how much we missed you," Lorenzo (Luca's dad) said.

Luca wiped off the tears that were still dripping from his face. "I know, dad, I missed you guys so much as well."

Suddenly, Luca was grabbed by his mother and pulled in for another hug. "T-too tight mom."

Daniela, Luca's mom, laughed and let go of her son. "Your dad is right though. Home wasn't the same without you around. All we had to do was listen to your grandma's boring stories!"

Everyone laughed, even Luca's grandma.

"Hey, at least they're not as boring as Lorenzo's show crabs, or whatever you call those things," Luca's grandma joked.

Lorenzo laughed, "Hey, at least they actually came in use this year."

Luca looked at his dad, "What do you mean?"

A wide smile spread across Daniela's face as she pulled out a blue and white ribbon.

"What he meant was... OUR SHOW CRABS FINALLY WON THE CRAB SHOW!" Daniela screamed as she pumped her fist.

Luca laughed, oh how he missed his mom's energy. Daniela could be loving and caring one moment, while also being super intense at the same time. It was the energy that Luca missed in Genova, and he felt happy knowing that he would be around his family for a long time now.

Daniela continued to brag, "Those Branzinos finally got the loss that they deserve! It was time Bianca and her stupid dolphin impression was finally put to rest!"

Lorenzo put an arm around her shoulder. "Okay hun, I think that's enough haha."

Daniela sighed, "Yeah yeah, you're right. I shouldn't be bragging about myself, I mean, Luca is right here! We need to talk about you!"

Daniela smothered her son in questions, asking him about school and Genova, while Luca stood there unable to say anything.

"Daniela," Luca's grandmother laughed. "The kid just got here. Maybe give him some time to relax, you'll get lots of time with him again."

Daniela stopped talking, "I suppose you're right. Anyway, you'll probably want to see Alberto again too."

Luca perked up at the mention of him..

Alberto

Alberto was who Luca was thinking about during the entire train ride, but here Luca was, seeing his family, but not Alberto. Luca was wondering where his best friend was.

"Oh wait now I remember!" Daniela said. "I forgot. Alberto and Massimo told us that they'd be a little late to see you guys today. They told me they had a surprise, whatever that means."

Luca was slightly disappointed; after all, he had already waited for what seemed like an eternity. However, he sucked it up and nodded to his family. "Oh okay, thanks Mom."

Daniela smiled and kissed her son on the cheek, "Of course Luca, we- OH MY GOSH! Look how big you've gotten! Oh my gosh my baby is so big now!"

Luca nervously laughed as he was embraced by his mother once more.