Chapter 29- The Missing Vespa Case

________________________________

Alberto stood in shock, unable to understand the harsh reality he was facing; the Vespa was gone. It had just vanished, even though they hadn't been gone for that long! Who could've even stolen it, and why?

"M-maybe someone just moved it Al," Luca said, trying to comfort Alberto.

Alberto shook his head, "We were all at the house Luca... nobody could have moved it."

Seeing Alberto in such a state of disparity made Luca feel sad too. To someone else, it may seem odd that Alberto was so attached to the Vespa that they had just got earlier that day from Ercole. However, owning a Vespa was one of Alberto's dreams for a long, long time. In fact, he still had the Vespa poster from the previous summer, still hanging it up in the same spot in the tower. The fact that he had just gotten one after years of waiting only to have it disappear the same day crushed Alberto inside.

"Al.. I'm sure we'll find it.." Luca said optimistically. He held Alberto's hand and raised it in the air. "I'm sure we can."

Alberto smiled unconvincingly. "I don't know Luca.. I mean- I'm sure someone stole it."

"Well then, we'll find who that is and... we'll demand that they give the Vespa back!"

Alberto gave in and laughed. Luca had always managed to cheer him up. "Okay okay.. we'll try and find it.."

Luca smiled and shook his head, "No- I know we'll find it."

Alberto grinned. "Thanks Luca.."

"Of course Al!" he said as he leaned in and kissed Alberto on the cheek. Alberto blushed, his hand being grabbed by Luca and dragged down the street.

Midway through, Luca stopped in his place. "Wait.. how exactly are we gonna find it.."

"You didn't think to plan that through?" Alberto laughed.

"Not really!" Luca laughed.

In the middle of their conversation, Massimo and Giulia turned onto their street, laughing and chatting with each other. Massimo saw the two boys at the top of the hill and waved, speed walking over to them in the process.

"Is everything okay, you two?" Massimo asked.

"Well.."

Alberto chimed in, "Our Vespa was.. stolen."

Massimo's eyebrow raised, "Stolen?"

Alberto nodded, "We think so.."

Massimo slowly nodded, "Giulietta, how about you take them to the Polizia Stradale. I'm sure they could help you."

"Sure papà!" she said as she turned around to Luca and Alberto. "Come on ragazzi, let's go get your Vespa back."

They both started to follow Giulia towards the towns square, unaware of how they were even going to find their Vespa.

"I'm just worried we aren't gonna find it.." Alberto sighed.

"Oh come on!" Giulia exclaimed. "Don't be such a grouch, Al. We'll find it, trust me."

Alberto smiled, "Well, If you say so."

Giulia nodded as they entered the town square.

"I know so."
________________________________

The trio entered their local police station and walked up to the front desk, noticing the woman sitting there. She had her brown hair tied into a ponytail, and she was wearing the typical blue and black Portorosso police uniform. Luca instantly recognized her, as it was the same officer who arrested Ercole so many days ago.